EA axes old game support
No online from September.
From September, you will no longer be able to play a host of ageing EA games online.
Starting 1st September, a total of 14 games across multiple platforms will get the axe, with another two expected to follow on 1st November.
While the majority of those games are 2006 franchise titles on the creaky PS2 and defunct Xbox, it marks the first time some Xbox 360 games have made the cut.
The biggest titles sent to the offline home for the elderly are FIFA 06, Madden 06, NBA Live 06 and Tiger Woods 06. But don't despair, their 2008 replacements should be out in or around September.
The full list goes like this:
1st September cull
- Arena Football for PS2, Xbox
- FIFA Soccer 06 for Xbox 360, PC, PS2, PSP, Xbox
- FIFA World Cup 2006 for PC, PS2, PSP, Xbox
- Fight Night Round 3 for PSP, Xbox
- Madden NFL 06 for Xbox 360, PC, PS2, PSP, Xbox
- Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects for PS2, Xbox
- MVP 07 NCAA Baseball for PS2, Xbox
- NASCAR 06 Total Team Control for PS2, Xbox
- NBA Live 06 for Xbox 360, PC, PS2, PSP
- NCAA Football 2005 for Xbox
- NCAA Football 2006 for PS2, Xbox
- NCAA March Madness 06 for PS2, Xbox
- NFL Head Coach for PC, Xbox, PS2
- NHL 06 for PC, PS2, Xbox
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 for Xbox 360, Xbox
1st November cull
- Burnout Revenge for Xbox, PS2
- Need for Speed Underground for PS2
- Need for Speed Underground 2 for PC, PS2
- Need for Speed Most Wanted for PSP, Xbox