UPDATE: The No Man's Sky Path Finder Update comes out today. Hello Games has released a new video showing off the game's new features.
The update adds land vehicles, a permadeath mode and PS4 Pro support. Bases can now be shared online. Here's a summary, from Hello Games:
- PlayStation 4 Pro Support, and 4K optimisation
- Improved Lighting and Visuals
- Owning Multiple Ships
- Base Sharing Online
- Steam Workshop Integration
- New Vehicles - 3x Exocraft
- Permadeath Mode
- Build and Share Vehicle Race Tracks
- Ship Specialisations and Classes
- New currency and shops with Traders for tech and constructs
- Double the the amount of variety in Base Building
- Multi-tool Specialization and Classes
- New Weapons and Weapon Modes
- Photo Mode
- Improved Discovery Menu
- Most requested Quality of Life Improvements
- 50% more original music for 65daysofstatic
The patch notes are over at the No Man's Sky website.
ORIGINAL STORY: The Path Finder Update adds a new vehicle that aids home planet exploration, Hello Games said in a post on the No Man's Sky Steam page.
Here's the blurb from Hello Games:
That's all we have for now. Patch notes will be released when the update goes live.
Will you support Eurogamer?
We want to make Eurogamer better, and that means better for our readers - not for algorithms. You can help! Become a supporter of Eurogamer and you can view the site completely ad-free, as well as gaining exclusive access to articles, podcasts and conversations that will bring you closer to the team, the stories, and the games we all love. Subscriptions start at £3.99 / $4.99 per month.