UPDATE: The No Man's Sky Path Finder Update comes out today. Hello Games has released a new video showing off the game's new features.
The update adds land vehicles, a permadeath mode and PS4 Pro support. Bases can now be shared online. Here's a summary, from Hello Games:
- PlayStation 4 Pro Support, and 4K optimisation
- Improved Lighting and Visuals
- Owning Multiple Ships
- Base Sharing Online
- Steam Workshop Integration
- New Vehicles - 3x Exocraft
- Permadeath Mode
- Build and Share Vehicle Race Tracks
- Ship Specialisations and Classes
- New currency and shops with Traders for tech and constructs
- Double the the amount of variety in Base Building
- Multi-tool Specialization and Classes
- New Weapons and Weapon Modes
- Photo Mode
- Improved Discovery Menu
- Most requested Quality of Life Improvements
- 50% more original music for 65daysofstatic
The patch notes are over at the No Man's Sky website.
ORIGINAL STORY: The Path Finder Update adds a new vehicle that aids home planet exploration, Hello Games said in a post on the No Man's Sky Steam page.
Here's the blurb from Hello Games:
That's all we have for now. Patch notes will be released when the update goes live.