Ubisoft has revealed full details of the first significant update for The Division, with the headline tweaks looking set to make the Dark Zone a more tantalising place for end-game players.
In the days since The Division launch, players who raced to the level cap found that the Dark Zone - the game's PvP space - was lacking, with little incentive for players to fight each other and poor rewards for those looking to acquire Phoenix Credits, the end-game currency required for acquiring high level gear.
Update 1.0.2 increases the amount of Phoenix Credits dropped by high level enemies, and the tweaks the rewards associated with players going Rogue. The full list of Dark Zone tweaks can be found below, while if you're after the full list of changes you can find them at Ubisoft's official blog. Update 1.0.2 is due to be implemented during server maintenance scheduled for tomorrow.
Dark Zone tweaks in 1.0.2
- Players can now heal other neutral players in the Dark zone, by using First Aid and Support Station skills
- Players are now able to fast travel to Dark Zone checkpoints, but only when coming from outside the Dark Zone
- The Dark Zone disconnect timer has been increased to 30 seconds, meaning players will remain in the game world longer when logging out while in the Dark Zone (this applies while not in combat)
- Items extracted from the Dark Zone are now properly marked as "new" items when moved to the players inventory
- Players killed in the Dark Zone now drop ammo, medkits and grenades. This loot is generated and not taken from the dying players' inventory
- Players killed in the Dark Zone will lose less Dark Zone Funds and Experience (Rogue and non-Rogue)
- Dark Zone Funds and Experience rewards for surviving Rogue status have been improved
- Dark Zone Funds and Experience rewards for killing Rogue agents have been improved
- Phoenix Credits drop have been increased on lvl 31 and 32 enemies in the Dark Zone: Lvl 30: 1-3 Phoenix Credits Lvl 31: 2-4 Phoenix Credits Lvl 32: 3-5 Phoenix Credits
- Increased drop rate of High-End items from lvl 31 and 32 named NPCs in the Dark Zone.
- Increased drop rate of High-End Division Tech Material from lvl 32 named NPCs in the Dark Zone
- Improved Dark Zone Chests items quality
- Rank 30 chests will now drop Superior (Purple) items instead of Specialised (Blue)
- Keys chests now have a chance to drop High-End (Gold) items
- Dark Zone Funds drop rates and quantity on NPCs has been reduced
- Fixed a bug where the Wildfire and Fear Tactics talents were affecting neutral players in the Dark Zone
- Fixed instances where players would receive a DELTA error message when entering the Dark Zone
- Fixed a bug where sometimes players could not loot anything after returning to the game following a network disconnection
- Fixed Stage 1 Rogue timers not displaying correctly when Rogue players receive damage from another player