UPDATE 16/03/2015: DriveClub update 1.12 has been released. It adds replays, better drift scores and the Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione for Driver Level 50. The patch notes are below.
The update triggers automatically when you launch the game. It weighs in at 0.6GB, bringing the total size of all DriveClub updates combined to 7.16GB.
The update prepares the PlayStation 4-exclusive racer for the Lamborghini and Pacesetter PlayStation Store updates, due to be released next week.
Here's the launch schedule:
- March 24 in America
- March 25 in Europe, Austialia, NZ, UK
- March 26 in Japan
- April 2 in Asia
UPDATE 12/03/2015: Evolution has released the patch notes for Driveclub update 1.12.
Update 1.12, due out next week, adds a replay feature, makes significant changes to drift mode, and introduces the Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione alongside the already-announced Lamborghini Expansion Pack.
Here are the patch notes:
- Adds Replays to the game for all Single Events and Tours. You can now save a Replay at the end of any single player event and view it later from the Replays section.
- Photomode can be used from within a Replay at any point.
- Introduces a new Driver Level 50 reward: You can now unlock the Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione for your Garage!
- Refines Drift Mode scoring to increase the points scored for momentum, control and staying on the track.
- Adjusts the drag reduction when veering off road, so that accidentally leaving the track slows you down more gradually.
- Adjusts the drag penalty on world collisions, to remove the possibility of gaining any advantage after colliding with a wall.
- Adds the option to control screen brightness in-game (new Display Option).
- Adds the option to change the volume levels on individual SFX channels (new Audio options in Settings).
- Adds the option to make the AI opponents in a Single Event drive in the same car as the one the player chooses.
- Adds the option to select factory paint jobs for AI opponents (new Display Option).
- Removes the voicechat icon for any player you have chosen to mute in Multiplayer while you are driving.
- Adds new categories for downloaded Livery Packs within the Bonus Designs in Customisation.
- Adds status information about friends playing Driveclub to the Social Hub.
- Immediately centres the camera view behind the car automatically whenever you reset to the track.
- Adds support for live streaming via Twitch and Ustream while playing Multiplayer.
- Improves the atmospheric visual effects further by improving heathaze and introducing mirages, which are visible on the road when light is refracted by hot air.
- Includes more minor bug fixes, performance improvements and usability tweaks.
There are also a raft of update 1.12 add-ons due to be available from the PlayStation Store 24th-26th March.
- Adds support for the Peugeot Onyx Concept, coming to PlayStation Store as a free download.
- Adds support for the Lamborghini Expansion Pack, coming to PlayStation Store as a premium/Season Pass add-on.
- The Lamborghini Car Pack includes: Lamborghini Aventador LP 720-4 50° Anniversario, Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4, Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Squadra Corse and Lamborghini Veneno.
- The Lamborghini Tour Pack includes 10 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
- Adds support for the Pacesetter Tour Pack, coming to PlayStation Store as a premium/Season Pass add-on.
- The Pacesetter Tour Pack includes 12 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
- Adds support for 2 new livery packs, coming to PlayStation Store as a premium/Season Pass add-on. Each Livery Pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customise your cars with.
Meanwhile, Evolution said it was continuing to upgrade Driveclub's servers to enable the release of the long-awaited PS+ Edition and Driveclub companion app.
Also in the works:
- Private lobbies: Development of Private Lobbies for Multiplayer is ongoing alongside development of server improvements.
- Replays for Multiplayer races: these require further development and testing and will come in a future game update.
- Lots more cars: We're only half way through the Season Pass that runs to July and we have many more commonly requested cars and manufacturers coming to Driveclub!
- New ranks: because many of you are at Level 50 already. In the mean time, please enjoy exclusive access to the Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione as a reward for your dedication and success.
- Additional audio options for cockpit camera.
ORIGINAL STORY 09/03/2015: DriveClub's next DLC will add a garage-full of Lamborghinis to the PlayStation 4-exclusive racer.
The Lamborghini pack contains the Veneno, Aventador LP 720-4 50° Anniversario, Huracán LP 610-4 and Gallardo LP 570-4 Squadra Corse.
A new car tour and five extra Trophies will also be included.
DriveClub developer Evolution Studios is set to launch the pack at some point later in March.
The add-on is free for Season Pass holders, or available to buy separately from the PlayStation Store.
Sony confirmed last month that it was still intent on releasing the game's PlayStation Plus version "as quickly as possible" - just as soon as the game's servers have been made ready.
See how the new Lamborghinis look in their shiny fresh trailer below: