The Tribes: Ascend open beta begins on Friday, 24th February, Hi-Rez Studios has announced.
From 5pm UK time this Friday anyone can create a Tribes: Ascend account and download the game from the official website without the need for a beta key.
The launch coincides with the release of a new patch that adds a new game mode, four new maps and new regions.
Over 300,000 people played the F2P shooter's closed beta, Hi-Rez chief Todd Harris said.
All player progress and unlocks will be carried over and no characters will be wiped.
Hi-Rez has expanded capacity in Europe, the US and Australia, and added new local servers to support players in Brazil and Asia.
This week's patch adds:
- New gametype, Arena Deathmatch, with two initial maps.
- New Capture The Flag map, Temple Ruins.
- New Team Deathmatch map, Inferno.
- Two new unlockable items for the Soldier class: Proximity Grenade and Utility Pack.
- New default suits for Doombringer and Brute.
- Ability to view either Blood Eagle or Diamond Sword skins from Class menu.
- Service supporting Name Change.
- Large number of bug-fixes and balance adjustments.