The first helping of Test Drive Unlimited 2 downloadable content - The Exploration Pack - will be free.
Why? Because a patch to remedy the game's many bugs has taken weeks to make.
"We really appreciate your patience in this matter and we would like to announce that we will be making the first premium DLC for the game free for everybody as a way of saying thank you," the developer said in a statement.
The Exploration Pack contains wrecks that need discovering to unlock a Lancia Stratos version Rallye and a 1969 Dodge Charger.
As for that patch: the PC version is live now, and the console counterparts are in certification at Microsoft and Sony. They're expected to "follow shortly".
What that patch does
- Logging into the game has been improved
- Once into the game the online network experience is now much more stable in all areas
- Save games no longer corrupt
- Existing corrupted save games will be repaired in many cases
- Friends lists are now populated
- Invites now work correctly
- Clubs have been brought back online
- Exploits to gain money have been fixed
- Casino access has been improved
- Players will no longer lose money because of the Casino bug
Test Drive Unlimited 2, a unique driving proposition, earned a handsome 7/10 on Eurogamer.