The PlayStation 4 port of Ultra Street Fighter 4 just got a lot better with the release of a new patch.
The fighting game launched on Sony's console in a torrid state, with a raft of visual problems Digital Foundry documented in its Ultra Street Fighter 4 PS4 analysis.
Sony has released a number of updates in a bid to get the game up to scratch, and improvements have been made. Now, yet another patch has been released, this one focusing on spicing up the graphics.
Here are the patch notes:
- "Skip" function mapped to Cross button during cinematics
- Default character costume colors 11 & 12 are now unlocked
- Anisotropic filtering improved on all stages and characters
- Anti-aliasing added on all stages and characters
- Reduced pixilation on various UI elements
- Multiple audio balancing fixes
- Addressed multi-hit audio issues
- Increased resolution of visual effects
- Sonic Boom graphical fix
- Fixed multiple localization and font issues
- Improved save functionality performance
- "Press Start" replaced with "Press Options"
Players will be particularly pleased that Sony has improved anisotropic filtering across all stages and characters, and added anti-aliasing to the game. Reports indicate Ultra Street Fighter 4 looks noticeably better with the new patch applied.
It's also worth noting that last change: "Press Start replaced with Press Options." In a post on the PlayStation Blog, director of third party productions Gio Corsi said "Press Start" wasn't a bug. "It was originally left in intentionally as a tribute to Street Fighter 4's arcade roots, but due to players' requests, we have changed it to Press Options."