A comprehensive update hits the PC version of EA's FPS Battlefield: Bad Company 2 tomorrow, the publisher has announced.
The patch takes into account requests posted in the 'My biggest issues' thread of the game's official forum. Alas, "Girls don't want to go out with me" isn't addressed but a bunch of other important stuff is.
The full list – posted below – includes bug fixes, weapon tweaks and stat revamps.
The update means that the game's servers will be down on Friday between 6.00am and 10.00am GMT, so no breakfast headshots tomorrow.
There's no word on whether the update will be applied to console versions at any point in the future.
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 came out on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 back in March. Eurogamer's Dan Whitehead gave it an impressive 9/10.
- All Weapons Bronze Insignia requiring an unobtainable bronze star for the tracer dart – requirement removed.
- Improved Hit registration made through several fixes and some of the hitboxes themselves have been changed. This will increase the accuracy of guns.
- Blue box chat window removed.
- The 2 second immunity when spawning/being revived will now be immediately removed either by firing, zooming, or any movement (move, crouch, jump). A Spawning Player can still orient passively in the Game World.
- 3D vision fixed.
- Fixed slug shotgun zoom crosshair on PC so they better represent the long range accuracy. Crosshairs now close more on PC, similar to consoles.
- Reduced slug shotgun hip accuracy to require zooming for consistent long range accuracy. Hip accuracy is now on par with the semi automatic weapons.
- Fixed a bug on PC where the G3 would do less damage than intended.
- Fixed VADS turning sensitivity on PC so it performs like the ZU23.
- Reduced VADS push back and damage to balance it with the ZU23.
- Fixed a bug where vehicle countermeasures would fail to remove tracer darts at high speed.
- Reduced the reload time for vehicle countermeasures.
- Slightly increased the AT4's damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.
- Increased the AT4's top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.
- Increased the AT4's splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry. The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.
- Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.
- Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire.
- Fixed a bug with the SVU that gave it better close range damage than other semi auto weapons.
- Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.
- Fixed an C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert.
- Fixed a bug with FOV when aiming the M1911.
- Lowered the close range damage of the AN94 to highlight its long range role.
- Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.
- Increased the close range damage of the shotguns to give them a greater advantage vs slugs.
- Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMG's.
- Slightly lowered the damage of the MG3 at close range to balance it with other high rate of fire weapons
- Slightly increased the damage of the UH60.
Will you support Eurogamer?
We want to make Eurogamer better, and that means better for our readers - not for algorithms. You can help! Become a supporter of Eurogamer and you can view the site completely ad-free, as well as gaining exclusive access to articles, podcasts and conversations that will bring you closer to the team, the stories, and the games we all love. Subscriptions start at £3.99 / $4.99 per month.