PC Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will receive patch CR11 very early tomorrow morning (Wednesday, 21st September), DICE has revealed.
The file is 2.6GB and rectifies some stability and performance issues. Notably, it adds the ability to take a screenshot as well as removes the SecuROM DRM "wrapper" from non-Steam versions of the game.
The enormous size of the file owes to it containing all previous patches.
Steam will automatically patch BFBC2. Non-Steam games will be patched via the auto-updater or manually through a download link.
DICE warned that it may take multiplayer servers a while to catch up.
The exact change-list is:
- Removed some memory leaks
- Fixed crashes when the game attempted to render lots of content (high detail, high FOV or multiple-monitor modes); this should particularly help multi-monitor users
- Chat window no longer causes lag spikes
- Chat window reworked opacity & visibility-time is controllable through settings in settings.ini
- Clantag is remembered when using auto-login
- Banner URLs can be up to 252 characters in length
- SecuROM wrapper removed from non-Steam version
- Minor performance enhancements
- Reduced rubberbanding on servers with more than 24 active players
- PrintScreen takes a screenshot, file stored in Documents\BFBC2\Screenshots directory
Will you support Eurogamer?
We want to make Eurogamer better, and that means better for our readers - not for algorithms. You can help! Become a supporter of Eurogamer and you can view the site completely ad-free, as well as gaining exclusive access to articles, podcasts and conversations that will bring you closer to the team, the stories, and the games we all love. Subscriptions start at £3.99 / $4.99 per month.