Another year, another Call of Duty beta, this time the turn of Modern Warfare.
While we only have initial details on what the Modern Warfare beta contains so far, Activision has revealed when exactly console users can start pre-loading the beta test and begin playing - so we'll be finding out for ourselves soon.
On this page:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare beta start dates: When does the Modern Warfare beta begin?
The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare beta is available across two weekends, debuting first on PS4 then coming to both PS4 and Xbox One one week later.
First Modern Warfare beta weekend start times (PS4 only):
- Thursday September 12th to Friday 13th: Early Access
- Saturday September 14th to Monday 16th: Open Beta
Second Modern Warfare beta weekend start times (all platforms):
- Thursday September 19th to Friday 20th: Early Access on Xbox One and PC, Open Beta on PS4
- Saturday September 21st to Monday 23rd: Open Beta on all platforms
Specific start times will be revealed closer to the first weekend.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare beta access explained
By pre-ordering any edition either digitally or through select retailers, you'll get early Modern Warfare beta access on the Thursday and Friday before the open beta kicks in at the weekend - with PS4 early access available on the first weekend, and Xbox One and PC on the second.
If you don't pre-order, however, you'll still get Modern Warfare beta access - you just have to wait for the open beta dates that follow.
Everything else you need to know about the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare beta
There's not many specifics on what's included in the Modern Warfare beta, but we do know:
- The beta will feature Modern Warfare cross play support between consoles and PC.
- Though Modern Warfare beta pre-loading hasn't been confirmed, based on previous Call of Duty betas, it's pretty likely.
- As with previous betas, progress or unlockables won't carry over to the full game. It's assumed, however, that PS4 players will have their progress kept from one beta weekend to the next.