Browsing the Persona 5 Trophy list provide a useful checklist of things and optional challenges for you to take on during the course of your school year and beyond.
To get the prized Platinum Trophy - named Legendary Phantom Thieves - expect to complete every Momento, complete the Persona Compendium and take down secret bosses over the course of two or more playthroughs. Good luck!
If you're after help for other parts of the game, consult our Persona 5 guide and walkthrough.
Persona 5 Trophy list
Caution: there may be a couple of names in here that act as spoilers but we've moved those down to the bottom of the list just in case. A large number of these will unlock naturally during gameplay, but for any that require special effort we've provided a short guide to help you grab them.
Two can only be achieved in NG+, although you don't need to replay the entire game to earn Platinum since stats carry over - only up until the point where you can unlock those Trophies.
- Legendary Phantom Thief - Earn all trophies.
- The True Trickster - Complete Mementos. Our Momentos article can help discuss how this system works.
- A New Journey - See the main ending.
- Phantom Thieves Formed - Form the Phantom Thieves. You'll unlock this over the course of natural play.
- Merciless Executioner - Perform 50 Persona fusions. You can just grind for this in the Velvet Room.
- Execution Leading to Rebirth - Perform a Guillotine execution. All executions will begin to appear in the Velvet Room after June 21st.
- Passionate Listener - Hear 250 of Futaba's navigation lines. Once she's joined your team, head to Mementos and just keep moving up and down between floors.
- The Ultimate Strike - Deal over 999 damage in a single attack. You'll unlock this over the course of natural play.
- Perfect Combination - Perform 50 All-out Attacks. You'll unlock this over the course of natural play.
- Precise Insight - Exploit enemy weaknesses 100 times. You'll unlock this over the course of natural play.
- A Phantom Thief's Duty - Obtain a Treasure Demon. This will happen during Madarame's Palace.
- My Best Partner - Enter a special relationship with someone. Our Confidant and romance page has locations and gift ideas to help make this happen.
- Soul of Rebellion - Obtain the Persona Arsene.
- Mask Collector - Complete the Persona Compendium. This requires you to fuse everything together, and may take a couple of playthroughs to achieve.
- Mask of an Honor Student - Rank first place on your exams. This requires maximum rank in Knowledge in addition to answering all the questions correctly.
Use our test answers page to help cheat your way through one of the exam seasons you'll be facing.
- A True Confidant - Max out one Confidant. Our Confidant and romance page has locations and gift ideas to help make this happen.
- Great Phantom Thieves Convene - Max out all Confidants. Our Confidant and romance page has locations and gift ideas to help make this happen.
- Power That Connects - Perform a Baton Pass 3 times in a single turn. This requires a bit of luck in meeting the right combination of shadows with the right team lineup, but bear in mind you can also use items to deal elemental damage and earn a Baton Pass.
- I Am Thou - Obtain a Persona through negotiation. This will happen automatically during your exploration of Kaneshiro's Palace.
- Countless Masks - Obtain 30 Personas through negotiation. Getting the Sun Arcana to Rank 8 can make this a lot easier as it gives you a chance of automatically winning negotiations.
- The Sneaking One - Ambush the enemy 50 times. You'll unlock this over the course of natural play, but if you're struggling, use your environment to hide and approach suddenly when their back is turned.
- A Unique Rebel - Defeat the Reaper. This shadow shows up if you spend too long on a single floor in Mementos, is more than capable of one-shotting you, and under normal circumstances is invulnerable.
The only way to defeat him is to visit Mementos during flu season, wait for him to show up, then guard and heal your way through a few rounds of combat and he'll keel over and die of his own accord.
- Drink Fanatic - Buy every kind of drink from vending machines. This is best done before August as once the weather heats up the machines are usually out of stock.
The locations of the machines are marked on your map, and they're restocked on Mondays so it's worth having a quick run around once a week, not only for the trophy, but because they're the main source of SP-replenishing items.
- True Talent - Max out all social stats. Our Social Stats page may help, and expect this to take a couple of playthroughs.
- Nominating the Twins - Perform a Group Guillotine execution. All executions will begin to appear in the Velvet Room after June 21st.
- Atop Countless Sacrifices - Perform a Gallows execution. All executions will begin to appear in the Velvet Room after June 21st.
- A Sublime Experiment - Perform an Electric Chair execution. All executions will begin to appear in the Velvet Room after June 21st.
- Through One's Sentence - Learn a new Persona skill through Lockdown. This becomes available when you get Strength to Rank 3 - place any Persona in Lockdown and wait for the notification that it's ready to retrieve.
- Competent Negotiator - Successfully rescue a hostage from an enemy's threat. This requires luck, and is easier to achieve on higher difficulty levels.
Occasionally if a shadow gets a critical or elemental weakness strike in on one of your party they will be taken hostage and the enemy will attempt to negotiate terms. If you've got network features on you can get the hostage back for free, but if you're offline it may cost you an item.
- Skilled Gunman - Defeat 3 or more enemies at once with a single round of bullets. Weaken a group of enemies so they only have a few HP each, and then finish them off with gunfire.
- Beginner Phantom Thieves - Complete 5 requests. Our Momentos article can help discuss how this system works.
- A Perfect Job - Complete all requests. In order to do this you'll need to get every non-team / non-story Confidant to at least rank 8, take two shifts at the Flower Shop and four at the Convenience Store in Shibuya, and two at Crossroads in Shinjuku. This must be completed on or before December 22nd.
- My Backyard - Unlock all hangout spots. Some of these are unlocked through the plot, but you'll also need to make progress in the Tower, Star, Chariot, and Emperor confidant ranks, and read the following books:
Shitamachi Reborn, Chinese Sweets, Vague, Fishpond Spotter, Museum of Stars, Weekend Parks, Musty Pages, Theme Park Escort, Tokyo Shrines, and Nightlife Hotspots.
- Guardian of the Pond - Catch the Guardian of the fishing pond. Read Fishpond Spotter and Essence of Fishing, and then earn enough fishing points to buy the top-tier bait - fishing at night and upgrading to better bait when you can afford it can speed this up.
Once you've got the bait you need to catch another six fish with it to trigger the Guardian - try to hook him when he's near the surface otherwise he's highly likely to escape.
- Aggressive Searcher - Obtain 150 items from searchable objects in Palaces. You'll unlock this over the course of natural play.
- Under-the-Table Goods - Customize a gun. Requires starting the Hanged Man Arcana (Iwai in Untouchables.)
- Craftworker - Create all types of infiltration tools. You can craft tools at your workbench after April 17th, and on July 25th a second set of recipes will be added to your arsenal. Ingredients for crafting can be purchased from various shops around the overworld and will be randomly dropped when defeating shadows.
Getting Kawakami to rank 5 will occasionally allow you to craft items during school hours, and at rank 7 you can ask her to craft items for you, both of which can save you precious time.
Need more help? Our Persona 5 guide and walkthrough features an in-progress month-by-month summary with important dates and Palace strategies. Elsewhere, learn how to make the most of your free time with all Confidant, Social Link and romance options, the best ways to increase Social Stats such as Knowledge, Guts, Proficiency, Kindness and Charm, how to cheat on exams with our test answers, how to get Momentos requests and browse the upcoming DLC schedule.
- Bookworm - Read all books. Make sure to read all the library books, and clear out the bookstores in Shiubuya and Shinjuku, and Jimbocho - reading all the books from Jimbocho will give you a speed-reading skill to make the remainder of the task slightly easier.
Check the stores regularly as certain story points will cause them to add new stock.
- One Who Rebels Against a God - Create Satanael. Only available in NG+. Satanael is a level 95 Persona, so some grinding may be involved - maxing out the Strength Arcana will allow you to summon Personas beyond your own level, but it can be very expensive.
To fuse him you'll need to combine Arsene, Ishtar, Anzu, Hiero, Lucifer, and Michael in a Group Guillotine.
- Golden Finger - Complete all video games. Once you've gained access to Akihabara buy a TV and games console from the second hand store in Yongenjaya, then buy the entire stock of games from the Retro shop in Akihabara.
Reading the Game Secrets book from Shinjuku bookstore makes the games easier to complete, and it's worth saving before each attempt as some of them can fail randomly.
- The City's Hard Hitter - Hit a home run at the batting cages. Position your bat slightly below where the ball is due to appear, and this should be easy.
- Castle of Lust Falls - Complete the Castle Palace.
- Museum of Vanity Closes - Complete the Museum Palace.
- Bank of Gluttony Goes Bankrupt - Complete the Bank Palace.
- Pyramid of Wrath Collapses - Complete the Pyramid Palace.
- Spaceport of Greed Destroyed - Complete the Spaceport Palace.
- Casino of Jealousy Shut Down - Complete the Casino Palace.
- Cruiser of Pride Sinks - Complete the Cruiser Palace.
- Beyond Rehabilitation - Defeat the twins. This can only be obtained in NG+. Once you've been introduced to Mementos during your second playthrough, head to any Velvet Door and speak to Caroline outside and she'll challenge you to show what you're made of.
Like most bosses they have no strengths or weaknesses so pick your strongest squad, and make sure you have no elements that your entire party is vulnerable to as they will one-shot you if they knock everyone down at once.