It's time; Blizzard is addressing Overwatch hero Bastion. Is there another character as infamous?
Broadly speaking, the changes being tested may make Bastion less of a hide-and-team-kill assassin, and more of mobile, sturdier and consistent turret.
The possible changes include removing headshots while in turret/sentry mode and increasing bullet spread, theoretically reducing his devastating damage at range. This would be balanced with unspecified increased survivability.
Healing/repairing on the move is another change being tested, although this would be resource-meter limited, as with D. Va's shield. Bastion's machine gun magazine capacity may be increased in walkabout mode too.
- "Here are some high level stuff we're likely to have testable in the next PTR:
- "Recon Mode - Lowered spread and increased magazine size, to help with general viability in this mode.
- "Sentry Mode - We're looking at focusing this mode into more of a tank-buster and barrier-buster mode, while also making it feel less suicidal to be transformed. To that end we're testing stuff like increased spread and removing headshots, but taking less damage while transformed.
- "Self-Repair - We've been testing a few big changes to this that are feeling really good so far. Currently our internal build has Bastion able to use Self-Repair while moving and also having it no longer interrupted when taking damage. To balance that out it is now on a resource system (similar to the route D.Va's defense matrix went). These changes have turned this ability from a more niche rarely used ability, to a much more powerful and core survivability tool.
- "We're still testing and tweaking things with Bastion but we'll hopefully have a PTR build coming fairly soon so you guys can try it out!"