Torchlight 2 developer Runic Games has finally revealed which pets your character will be able to enlist in its forthcoming action RPG sequel.
As detailed on the game's official site, the following critters will be available:
- The ferret: "Don't be fooled by his size, the clever ferret is as fierce as a honey badger. With goggles."
- The chakawary: "Best described as a Velociraptor crossed with a Cassowary."
- The cat: "Know what we love? Kittehs. Kittehs are now up in your Torchlight II, carryin' yer lootz."
- The bulldog: "Solid, tough, and a formidable foe to all who fear slobber."
- The hawk: "The Hawk soars above you, keeping watch on the passes ahead, and dive-bombing monsters with her vicious talons."
- The panther: "Sleek, feral, intimidating, the Panther melts into the shadows and pounces on corrupt undead when they least expect it."
- The wolf: "Leaving paw-prints like dinner plates, man's best friend is also a Sturmbeorn's worst nightmare."
As in the original game, your pet has its own inventory, can learn spells, transform into other creatures, sell any unwanted inventory in town and go shopping for new items when needed.
Have a look at the trailer below to see them in action.