Microsoft's Xbox Live service has enjoyed another record breaking month, according to a study carried out by market research firm Forecasting and Analyzing Digital Entertainment (FADE).
CVG report that it took $11.2 million in sales last month, up 91 per cent from last October. Year-to-date revenues have now broken the $100 million mark.
The top 10 bestsellers for October worked out like this:
- Dead Rising 2: Case Zero (Capcom) - 104,000 Units (400 MS Points)
- Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 (Sega) - 98,000 Units (1200 MS Points)
- Super Meat Boy (Team Meat) - 70,000 Units (800 MS Points)
- Comic Jumper (Twisted Pixel) - 55,000 Units (1200 MS Points)
- Plants vs. Zombies (PopCap) - 45,000 Units (1200 MS Points)
- Limbo (Playdead) - 33,000 Units (1200 MS Points)
- Costume Quest (Double Fine) - 31,000 Units (1200 MS Points)
- Castle Crashers (The Behemoth) - 28,000 Units (1200 MS Points)
- Trials HD (RedLynx) - 26,000 Units (1200 MS Points)
- Dead Space Ignition (Sumo Digital) - 26,000 Units (400 MS Points)
The icing on a great 12 months for Xbox Live Arcade then. The service enjoyed its best ever month in July, apparently netting $17.5 million, and the year has seen one great digital release after another, culminating in the phenomenal Pac-Man Championship Edition DX last week.
Will you support Eurogamer?
We want to make Eurogamer better, and that means better for our readers - not for algorithms. You can help! Become a supporter of Eurogamer and you can view the site completely ad-free, as well as gaining exclusive access to articles, podcasts and conversations that will bring you closer to the team, the stories, and the games we all love. Subscriptions start at £3.99 / $4.99 per month.