CD Projekt has revealed details of the first major The Witcher 2 update, Patch 1.1.
The plan is to release these changes this evening, as well as a second patch next week.
All versions of the game - both retail and digital - will get the patch. Only the Russian version will be incompatible. CDP is aware of the problems in the Russian version and talking with 1C about "possible solutions".
"Internal tests of Patch 1.1 are well under way. Our current target is to release it this evening," CDP told Eurogamer.
"Please note that although we are doing our best to have it ready by then, the time still may change in order to be completely sure that the patch will function properly. This is our primary concern since there are significant changes and upgrades that will affect many users."
A summary of changes can be found below. A full itty-bitty breakdown will be offered when the patch goes live.
"If you have experienced any issues that are not on the list, please don't worry," offered CDP. "We have already started working on the next patch, which will address other difficulties and bugs, including those related to specific hardware set-ups; e.g.. Logitech g35. You may expect this second patch to be ready next week."
- Simpler and more reliable game installation and activation. Details to be revealed soon.
- Fixed the free Troll Trouble DLC download. It is now included n the patch so there's no need to download and install it separately.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some users from downloading other free DLCs (the ones given out with some pre-orders, special promotions, etc). The launcher now properly refreshes the list of available DLCs and allows for installation.
- Performance improvements: approximately 5% to 30% better framerate and faster game loading for many users, depending on their individual systems and game versions. Owners of retail versions can expect the biggest improvements.
- Fixed random crashes occurring on some systems, especially after saving and loading saves.
- Key mapping – allows the arrow and number keys to be used for movement.
- Added the option to invert the mouse.
- nVidia surround vision now works properly.
- More accurate assessment provided by the "auto-detect settings" option will help improve game performance.
- Removed a bug that prevented completion of the "Blood Curse" quest.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the additional link in "Extras" from being unlocked after winning the dice game against the GOG.com monk.
- GOG.com credits now work properly.