Rock Band 3 gets a hefty new title update today, developer Harmonix has announced.
Among the fixes for the barnstormingly brilliant rhythm action epic, is a patch for a game-breaking bug that causes a crash if you choose "a particular eyebrow asset" in the character customisation screen.
That's clearly the headliner, but there are a number of other gameplay tweaks included too. Here's the full list, as published on the game's official forum:
- The audio distortion (also referred to as a buzz, hiss, or squawk) that some PS3 Keyboard players experienced has been addressed.
- For users experiencing trouble deploying Vocal Overdrive in certain audio setups, OD can now be deployed using the Back button on the controller. NOTE: this only works while in a valid Overdrive deploy section.
- Overdrive can now be deployed using a Pedal with both the Mustang Pro Guitar and the Keyboard peripherals.
- Scoring is disabled after a song has been paused multiple times (this prevent players from artificially inflating scores using the pause function).
- The translucency of the track surface has been adjusted to make note gems are easier to see against the venue backgrounds.
- Based on fan feedback, limited functionality for the Stage kit has been added to Rock Band 3. Please note that this 3rd-party peripheral is no longer officially supported, so we cannot guarantee full functionality with every file format (RB3, Pro-DLC), but basic functions should be reenabled.
- PS3 Voice Chat not properly working with headsets has been remedied.
- Audio no longer distorts for remote players when whammying sustains in an online session.
- To prevent blank tracks from appearing in online multiplayer, all members in an online multiplayer band must own the Pro upgrades to play a song with DLC pro upgrades.
Music library and store changes:
- Pro Guitar songs now sort themselves into the correct difficulty tiers.
- Pro upgrade availability will now be more accurately reflected in the Music Store.
- The following songs are now correctly appearing in the Music Library: Anvil 666; Anvil - Metal on Metal; Anvil - This is Thirteen; Dinosaur Jr - Pick Me Up; Dinosaur Jr - The Wagon; Guess Who, The - Hand Me Down World; Guess Who, The - No Time; Tenacious D - Rock Your Socks; Avenged Sevenfold Afterlife
Practice mode changes:
- An issue that prevented holding sustain notes on keys in the trainers has been addressed
- Breakneck Speed now works in Practice Mode.
- Fixed a Character Creator crash related to a particular eyebrow asset or the generation of a random character.
- Fixed assorted minor crashes, as well as minor scoring and text bugs.
Bear in mind these changes only apply to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game. Harmonix pointed at that title updates aren't possible on Wii.