A 2011 release for Max Payne 3 is looking increasingly unlikely after publisher Take-Two left it off its latest release slate.
Yesterday, the company gave investors a taster of what it had lined up for the next year or so when it released its latest set of financials. Its planed launch schedule looks like this:
- L.A. Noire (Xbox 360, PS3): Spring 2011
- Top Spin 4 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii): Fiscal Q4 2011
- Major League Baseball 2K11 (Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, PC): Fiscal Q4 2011
- Duke Nukem Forever (Xbox 360, PS3, PC): Calendar Year 2011
- Spec Ops: The Line (Xbox 360, PS3, PC): Fiscal Year 2012
- XCOM (Xbox 360, PC): Fiscal Year 2012
- BioShock Infinite (Xbox 360, PS3, PC): Calendar Year 2012
Fast forward to December and there is still no news on when we'll be seeing Rockstar's promised threequel.
A spokesperson for Take-Two told Eurogamer that it had no further news to impart regarding the game, confirming a new release date was yet to be confirmed.