Hot on the heels of news that GAME has entered administration, closed 277 stores and laid-off 2000 staff, supermarket chain Sainsbury's has announced increased stock of new games and significant price cuts.
Shoppers can pick up the following discounts, among others, from tomorrow:
- PlayStation 3 console: £164.99 (was £199.99)
- 3DS console: £124.99 (was £149.99)
- FIFA 12: £26.99 (was £44.99)
- Mario and Sonic at the London Olympics Wii: £20.99 (£34.99)
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations: £17.99 (was £29.99)
- Final Fantasy 13-2: £14.99 (was £24.99)
- Just Dance 3: £14.99 (was £24.99)
- Mario Kart 7: £27.99 (was £34.99)
- Super Mario 3DS Land: £27.99 (was £34.99)
- Mario and Sonic at the London Olympics 3DS: £27.99 (was £34.99)
- Black Eyed Peas Experience: £12.99 (was £17.99)
"Gaming is a key part of our entertainment offering so we are excited to be reducing prices by as much as 40% for this exclusive sale," said games manager Gurdeep Hunjan.
"Our breadth of offer is now bigger than ever before and customers can be assured that they can get the most popular games and consoles from us at outstanding value, whilst doing their weekly shop."