It's that time of the year again - the time of the year that we all cross the Atlantic, complain about the sun, and try to avoid making "unfortunate" comments about low-flying planes in too many people's earshot. Particularly at the airport. Because it's not funny. And it's not funny to say, "did I pack this bag myself? This isn't even my bag!"
It's E3, in other words, and this year's coverage on Eurogamer will be vast, densely packed with information and all available from one easy-to-remember URL: https://www.eurogamer.net/E3. There you'll find well-organised link directories of all our coverage, allowing you to see at a glance what's been added, and locate the games you're interested in looking at.
Prior to the show itself, the traditional platform holder conferences will be the focus for Monday and Tuesday, and we'll be there to let you know - in real time - what's happening, and what kind of duck jokes are being made. You're going to want to be around as the conferences are going on, so best to make a note of these times:
Sony - Monday May 8th 4:00PM PDT - Midnight UK
Nintendo - Tuesday May 9th 9:30AM PDT - 5:30PM UK
Microsoft - Tuesday May 9th 12:00PM PDT - 8:00PM UK
During the week, Eurogamer is planning more coverage than we've ever had before, with a team of 20 people working on our coverage - a team on the ground writing about and videoing important games, and staff back at home in the UK making sure that you can see everything you want to see and that I haven't misspelled "Iwata" in any unfortunate ways.
We're looking forward to E3 more than we ever have before - I mean, partly that's because we've got more staff this time, so I can actually conceivably go to bed before 3am, but also because it should be one of the most varied and exciting there's ever been.
Eurogamer's planned E3 conference coverage includes:
- Live text commentary of all three conferences, from the willing and, wit willing, wily fingers of our crack ground-team;
- Full video recordings of the conferences through Eurogamer TV as soon as we can humanly upload them;
- Video highlights and commentary through EG TV as soon as we can think of some clever things to say;
- In-depth coverage and analyses from the aforementioned ground team, whether they're in the hotel, in a taxi on the way to the hotel, or dying in the gutter. No one is exempty.
E3 takes place on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, and our coverage will include:
- Absolutely loads of feature-length preview and interview pieces on the games of E3 - some through advanced access offered by publishers, and some we'll be experiencing fresh on the floor and bringing you our thoughts on as soon as possible;
- Written and videoed interviews with major industry figures - including developers, their games, and some of the platform holders' favourite talking heads;
- All the biggest game news and assets - both screenshots and video footage - delivered in a steady stream throughout the show.
And, most importantly:
- Rupert Loman's video diary (yep, that'll get us Slashdotted).
Looking forward to it.
Get your first month for £1 (normally £3.99) when you buy a Standard Eurogamer subscription. Enjoy ad-free browsing, merch discounts, our monthly letter from the editor, and show your support with a supporter-exclusive comment flair!