Dead Space 2 entered the January US sales chart at number three, one spot behind Wii-exclusive rave-up Just Dance 2, according to new NPD data.
Other new entries LittleBigPlanet 2 and DC Universe also failed to trouble Call of Duty: Black Ops, which showed remarkable staying power to top the chart for a third consecutive month.
Here's how the full top 10 panned out:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, Wii, NDS, PC) Activision Blizzard
- Just Dance 2 (Wii) Ubisoft
- Dead Space 2 (360, PS3, PC) Electronic Arts
- Little Big Planet 2 (PS3) Sony
- Zumba Fitness: Join the Party (Wii, 360, PS3) Majesco
- NBA 2K11 (360, PS3, PSP, WII, PS2, PC) Take 2 Interactive
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (360, PS3) Ubisoft
- Dance Central (360) MTV Games
- Michael Jackson The Experience (Wii, DS, PSP) Ubisoft
- DC Universe Online: The Next Legend Is You (PS3, PC) Sony
Software sales dropped five per cent on the same period last year, with hardware down eight per cent.