MotorStorm has been patched to version 3.0, introducing support for the upcoming DualShock 3's rumble (hurrah) and tweaking a number of other variables.
According to Sony's community folk, the patch is set for release today and all you have to do to install it is pop the Blu-ray disc in the drive, select "Online" from the main menu, join a game universe and then agree to be patched when prompted.
As well as vibration support with adjustable sensitivity settings to go with the DualShock 3 when it launches (November in Japan, spring in US/Europe), version 3.0 adds sensitivity settings for Sixaxis motion-sensor controls, and introduces a "Gloating Index" which tracks your successes and failures against other racers.
Check out the official list of changes below:
- Added vibration support for DUALSHOCK 3 controller with adjustable sensitivity settings.
- Grid order has been randomised for first race in any online lobby.
- Finishing positions in your last race now determine your starting grid position in the next race within the same online lobby.
- On-screen indicator has been added to show whether voice comms are issuing from TV or headset. As before, please press and hold L1 (R1 if using control scheme ‘B’) to toggle headset output through TV or Headset.
- Sensitivity Settings for SIXAXIS Motion Sensor control have been added.
- ‘Gloating Index’ has been added to the Stats card - The Gloating index gives guidance as to a racer’s online prowess. It takes into account the number of people you’ve beaten in each race and the number of people that have beaten you. Use the gloating index to spot the players to beat in each race! Try and rank your Gloating Index up to the perfect ‘10’!
- Several causes for an occasional snagging issue which would destroy vehicles on suspension impact have been addressed.
- Further fixes to prevent the occasional statistics reset issue have been applied.
- Fixed an occasional issue with inaccuracies in Eliminator finishing results.
- Fixed an issue where winners leaving Eliminator before race completed could cause issues for other players in lobby.