UPDATE: The FIFA 14 update is out now for Xbox 360, EA Sports has announced. It'll be released on PS3 soon.
ORIGINAL STORY: EA Sports will this week release the much anticipated FIFA 14 patch to consoles that should make it harder to score a goal.
Following complaints from players, EA Sports has tweaked key gameplay techniques, including lofted through balls, attacking headers and finesse shots.
There are also bug fixes.
Here's what the patch does:
- Balancing lofted through balls.
- Balancing attacking headers.
- Balancing finesse shots.
- Improved defender switching during crosses.
- Freezes while making substitutions during gameplay.
- Freezes while entering and exiting Leaderboards.
- Improvements made to Dynamic Camera.
- Corrected crowd sections in Signal Iduna Park.
- Corrected "Any" and "GK" filters in Pro Clubs.
- We've responded to the community and upgraded FIFA 14 cover star Stephan El Shaarawy to 4* Skills in Online Seasons, Head to Head, and Career Mode using EA SPORTS Football Club Match Day. Since the FIFA 14 Ultimate Team ratings and database are separate from the Match Day Update, he will be assessed and potentially upgraded in FUT at a later date.
The patch is live now for PC, and will be released to consoles this week, EA Sports said.
"We've located some of the issues causing freezing throughout the game, but not all of them," the FIFA team wrote on the EA website.
"Please continue to let us know about specific instances on the EA forums as your feedback has helped immensely. There are a small percentage of remaining crashing/freezing instances and the team will continue to investigate and address them as needed. Thanks for your patience during this time."