UPDATE #2: A second patch for console versions of Aliens: Colonial Marines has been deployed, in addition to the update listed below.
Amongst a multitude of bugfixes and tweaks, the glitch that showed Xenos displaying "erratic animations" (jazz hands) is now gone.
There's now an increased light radius for player's shoulder lamp (a common complaint) and tweaked enemy and friendly AI to be "more aggressive and responsive" (presumably so you can't just run straight past them now).
The full list of fixes is now available over on Gearbox's blog.
UPDATE: The Aliens: Colonial Marines patch has been released for PC.
Steam will automatically download the patch, which weighs in at a whopping 3.8GB. It includes the changes that were in the recent update for the console versions as well as some additional changes that will be part of future updates for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
The PC-specific changes include improved texture resolution, various visual improvements, the addition of a mouse smoothing option and some fixes for PC-only crashes.
"Sega and Gearbox have been working to identify areas of improvement," Sega said in a blog post. "Many fixes are already available now in today's patch, and console versions of these updates will be made available as soon as possible. Thank you for all your feedback."
The patch notes are on Gearbox's forum.
ORIGINAL STORY: The first post-release patch for the Gearbox co-developed Aliens: Colonial Marines has been released on Xbox Live today with PS3 and PC versions to follow shortly.
As detailed on Gearbox's Software Support page, this initial update fixes numerous campaign and multiplayer bugs like players falling through the floor, co-op partners not reviving properly, the flamethrower automatically firing on its own, and faulty warping for co-op players.
Gearbox noted on Twitter that "updates for Aliens: Colonial Marines on PC and PlayStation 3 are on the way as well - notes will be posted as they become available."
See the full list of fixes below:
- Addressed an issue that could sometimes cause co-op player revival to not work under certain circumstances.
- Addressed issues with players not spawning into a level properly.
- Fixed a marine player invincibility exploit.
- Resolved several instances where players could walk or fall outside of maps.
- Fixed an issue that could cause localized text to sometimes display incorrectly.
- Addressed an issue where weapon ammunition was not always highlighted properly.
- Addressed some issues where multiplayer / co-op clients could see interactive objects displayed in a different state.
- Fixed a bug affecting voiceovers with the Firing Range bonus content.
- Addressed an issue where Ripley's Flamethrower (bonus content) would sometimes fire continuously without player input.
- Addressed a rare issue that could cause Achievements to not unlock properly.
- General user interface improvements.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Addressed some issues that could cause improper warping for co-op players.
- Various tweaks to address instances where NPC characters would not always properly navigate to objectives.
- Added safeguards to prevent players from using a weapon in the weapons-suppressed portion of "One Bullet."
- Modified Bella and Reid's behavior in "No Hope in Hadley's" to prevent them from spawning at the wrong point.
- Fixed issues that could clients to report inaccurate results and statistics.
- Addressed instances where a map would appear to "pop in" when loading into a new match.
- Addressed an issue that was could cause stutter when opening the multiplayer scoreboard.
- Switching profiles while in a lobby now returns players to the title screen immediately.
- Multiplayer teams should now correctly auto-balance between rounds.
- New Xeno appearance customization added.