This Saturday (26th November), European PS3 owners of Battlefield 3 can finally claim a free full-game voucher for Battlefield 1943.
US owners of BF3 on PS3 will be able to do the same on 10th December; and Asian and Japanese owners on 17th December.
EA faced a class action lawsuit last week for sneakily breaking its promise of a free Battlefield 1943 game for buyers of Battlefield 3 PS3.
The EA website detailing how to claim a BF1943 code said "there have been some misunderstandings" about the deal.
To claim your Battlefield 1943 code, do as follows:
- Activate your Battlefield 3 Online Pass for the PlayStation 3 using the voucher included in the game (see step #5 for additional instructions).
- Visit 1943redemption.battlefield.com on or after the dates outlined above for your region and log in with your Origin ID and password. Click here if you need help with retrieving your account information.
- Select your territory. Note vouchers do not work across regions.
- You will then receive a PlayStation 3 voucher for Battlefield 1943.
- input your voucher into the PlayStation Network store. Instructions below.
- From the XMB (cross media-bar) of the PlayStation 3 connected to a network, choose [account management] under the [PlayStation Network].
- From the menu select redeem codes.
- Enter voucher and select continue.
- Download Battlefield 1943.