We've sliced open the iPad 2's belly, heaved its guts out and labelled each part.
What follows are the complete specs of the Wi-Fi only iPad 2.
These come from the Apple website. We've left some of the less interesting bits out.
- Size: 9.5 inches high, 7.31 inches wide, 0.34 inches deep
- Weight: 1.33 pounds / 601 grams (3G model imperceptibly heavier)
- Storage: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
- Wireless: Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology
- Screen: 9.7 inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen multi-touch with IPS technology, 1024x768 resolution at 132 pixels per inch, fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Processor: custom 1GHz dual-core Apple A5 chip
- Back camera: video recording, HD (720p) up to 30 frames per second with audio; still camera with 5x digital zoom
- Front camera: video recording, VGA up to 30 frames per second with audio; VGA-quality still camera
- Battery: rechargeable 25-watt-hour lithium polymer batter (lasts 10 hours web browsing, watching video, listening to music), plug and USB charger
- Ports: 30-pin dock connector port, 3.5-mm stereo headphone minijack
- Sound: built-in spearker, microphone, frequency response from 20Hz to 20,000Hz, user-configurable maximum volume, Dobly Digital 5.1 surround sound with Apple Digital AV Adapter
- Sensors: three-axis gyro, accelerometer, ambient light sensor
- Video: up to 1080p with Apple Digital AV Adapter or Apple VGA Adapter (cables sold separately)
- Digital compass
- Dock Connector to USB Cable
- 10W USB Power Adapter