Lionhead has deployed a title update for Fable III on Xbox Live.
It fixes numerous problems. Butler Jasper won't abruptly shut his trap when you visit the Sanctuary, after all, the voice of John Cleese can't have come cheap - might as well hear it. Of course, John Cleese has been in a BioWare game before - can you remember which one?
This title update also hopes to prevent save game corruption as well as boosts general game performance and frame rate, which can be particularly choppy in same-screen co-op.
But not all hiccups have been remedied, and Lionhead asks that you please continue to be patient.
"While we make every effort to include as many upcoming changes in our patch notes as possible, please be aware that some changes are unintentionally omitted. Where possible the title update will be retroactive, meaning if you've already experienced the issue in your game it will now be resolved. This is not applicable to all solutions," the developer wrote.
Full fix-list below.
- Sanctuary: Fixed numerous issues whereby Jasper would stop talking or whereby the world map would become unusable
- Quests: Tabletop: The Hobbes may not spawn in the last area causing the player to be unable to progress
- Quest: Tabletop: Online multiplayer: Player host is unable to vault off platform to Hobbe area
- Quest: Tabletop: Player can become stuck behind some rocks
- Quest: Tabletop: After defeating the hollowmen in the room with the lever the player is unable to progress
- Quest: The Masquerade: Player can become trapped in Reaver's mansion.
- Quest: The Masquerade: Player can fall out of the world
- Quest: GNOMES PART 1: Player can break script
- Live: The players fall out of the world (FOOTW) when transitioning from Shifting Sands to The Veiled Path
- Crash: Mourningwood guards audio
- Crash: During the quest "Peace, Love and Homicide"
- General improvements to performance and frame rate
- World: Online multiplayer: Fast Travel area does not extend from end of level the "The Hole" to go to Mistpeak Valley
- World: Player can fall out of environment in Mistpeak Valley while in combat
- World: After proposing marriage, Bowerstone Castle cannot be selected as family home.
- World: If client repairs a house, the house goes from renting out to living in
- World: Player can become stuck during Castle Battle after vaulting over sandbags near burning cart
- World: Bowerstone Industrial: Player can fall off the world
- World: a fix for existing or future FOOTW situations
- World: Online multiplayer: No Particle Effects on Host Screen after Marrying another Player
- Live: Orbs do not always show up
- Live: Online multiplayer: Fixed an issue with sliding host in the sanctuary
- Live: Fixed several issues relating to gifting and receiving gifts in local and online coop
- Quest: Tabletop: Breadcrumb not leading to Demonic Chickens
- Saves: Fixed a few issues that could cause a corrupt save game slot
- World: Driftwood: Hero can become stuck inside of tree
- World: Shooting a crate creates a duplicate crate
- World: Black chicken in castle gardens flies straight up into the air for several seconds when kicked
- Speech: Japanese: Reaver is missing VO in one quest