Back in May Disney Interactive noted that it would be shutting down its toys-to-life series Disney Infinity. Now we have the details regarding how that will go down.
The gist is that the offline portions of the game will remain forever for the console versions, but the PC, Android and iOS versions of Disney Infinity will no longer be playable at all after 30th September.
Similarly, the Windows 8/10 (which is considered a separate entity from the PC version) and Apple TV versions will face a similar fate on 3rd March.
For console, Apple TV or Windows 8/10 players, Toy Boxes will remain available for download until 3rd March, but you won't be able to upload them after 30th September.
Here's the full breakdown via Disney Infinity's official site:
As of today (July 29, 2016)
- No in-game purchases can be made within the PC, Steam version of Disney Infinity 2.0, iOS, Google Android, Amazon Android and Apple TV versions of the game as this feature has now been removed.
- You can continue to make in-game purchases within the Steam version of Disney Infinity 3.0.
As of September 30, 2016
- You will no longer be able to log in to play the PC, iOS, Google Android and Amazon Android versions of Disney Infinity, these will no longer be available on the respective app stores.
- The Steam versions of Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0 will remain operational with the exception of all online services and community features as these will be discontinued.
- Apple TV versions of Disney Infinity will be removed from the AppStore.
- The Disney Infinity Community team will no longer be reviewing or approving any new Toy Boxes that are submitted to Disney for all console, mobile and PC versions of the game. However if you are playing on any console, Apple TV or Windows 8/10 versions of the game, you can continue to download your favorite Toy Boxes from the Community Content section until March 3, 2017.
As of January 3, 2017
- No in-game purchases can be made within the Windows 8/10 versions of the game as this feature will be removed.
As of March 3, 2017
- Apple TV and Windows 8/10 versions will no longer be available, supported or playable.
- All Disney Infinity online services and community features for all versions will be discontinued.