If you purchase Monster Hunter 4 between the launch date of February 13th and March 15th, you'll be able to get your hands on some extremely helpful consumable items. All for nothing more than downloading an update from the Nintendo eStore. Getting your hands on these goodies will get you off to a flying start in the game, so make sure you grab them while the offer's still good.
Here's everything you need to know about what's included, and how to go about getting it onto your device.
How to get free consumables in Monster Hunter 4
To get your hands on these items, there are a few steps you need to follow:
- Log in to the Nintendo eShop.
- Search for Monster Hunter 4, then download the Patch 1.1 update.
- Start the game.
- Enter your house and speak to your housekeeper.
- Choose Downloadable Content, then wait for your 3DS to check through all content.
- Select Gift Area, then Item Packs, then Download when you reach the MH4U Starter Pack page.
- Go back to the game and check your item box for your rewards.
Here are all the bonus items you can expect to find added to your stash:
|Mega Dash Juice||15|
How to craft the Super Mario Bros. Palico equipment
Those Super Mushrooms you've received can be used to create special Super Mario Bros-themed equipment for your Palico combat companion. Note, however, that you can only craft one type of armour for your friend for now, so choose between Mario or Luigi carefully. At a later date, Capcom will release a special DLC quest that will allow you to craft the other set.
In order to craft your chosen armour, you'll need to first of all complete the Caravaneer's first two quests, then ensure your primary Palico is set to Deploy using the Palico Board in your house. Next, go to the vendor and buy three Large Barrels, and make sure you have an additional 1300z spare in your wallet.
Once you've got everything you need, talk to The Man in your hub, select Forge Palico Gear, then build the Invincible Hammer in the Weapon section. Next, create either the Mario or Luigi items in the Head and Chest sub-menus.
To equip the gear, just go back to your house, then interact with the Palico Board and select Manage Equipment.
- Head back to the first page of this article for the rest of our Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate guide.