PlayStation Vita hardware sales have slumped to a new low in Japan, barely grazing 10,000 units sold in the latest weekly chart.
The 3DS again outsold Sony's handheld by a considerable margin - this time by a ratio of 7:1. Nintendo's machine managed 70,444 units compared to the Vita's 10,023 in the week ending 4th March.
PlayStation 3 hardware figures soared to 65,116, more than doubling the previous week's total. New PS3 anime/pirate crossover game One Piece Pirate Musou stormed the software chart. 655,774 copies were snapped up in just seven days.
PSP hardware sales held firm meanwhile, once again outselling PlayStation Vita. There were no Vita games in software chart's top 20, while the PSP had five.
Full figures lie below.
Japanese hardware figures: 27th Feb - 4th March
- 3DS: 70,744 (76,322)
- PS3: 65,116 (27,111)
- PSP: 15,715 (15,928)
- PSV: 10,023 (11,186)
- Wii: 8,111 (7,878)
- X360: 1,377 (1,508)
- PS2: 1,248 (1,269)
- DSi LL: 810 (977)
- DSi: 553 (662)
Japanese software figures
- (PS3) One Piece Pirate Musou - 655,774
- (3DS) Mario & Sonic at London Olympics - 43,155
- (3DS) Harvest Moon Hajimari no Daichi - 27,378
- (PSP) Great Battle Full Blast - 24,289
- (3DS) Theatrhythm Final Fantasy - 21,540
- (3DS) Mario Kart 7 - 18,945
- (PS3) Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generation - 17,917
- (3DS) Super Mario 3D Land - 16,142
- (3DS) Monster Hunter 3G - 15,836
- (PSP) Tales of the Heroes Twin Brave - 12,358
- (3DS) Doraemon Nobita and the Island of Miracles - 12,228
- (PS3) Asura's Wrath - 7,795
- (3DS) Resident Evil Revelations - 7,444
- (PS3) Binary Domain - 6,775
- (PS3) UFC Undisputed 3 - 6,198
- (Wii) Just Dance Wii - 6,043
- (PSP) Samurai Warriors 3Z - 5,224
- (PSP) Monster Hunter Portable 3rd PSP the Best - 5,156
- (PSP) I Don't Have Many Friends Portable - 5,142
- (PS3) Gran Turismo 5 Spec II - 4,922