There is a new Street Fighter world champion: Japanese player Fuudo.
At the Evo fighting game tournament in Las Vegas, Fuudo, using Fei Long, defeated US player Latif, using Crimson Viper, 3-0 in the grand final.
Tournament favourite and 2010 world champion Daigo "the Beast" Umehara finished fourth. Poongko, using Seth, defeated Daigo in a top eight bracket match.
Daigo recently switched main character, from Ryu to Yun, following the release of Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition.
Elsewhere, the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 tournament saw an upset as tournament favourite Justin Wong managed only third.
PR Balrog sent US player Wong home, using Dante, Wolverine and Tron Bonne to defeat Wong's Wolverine/Akuma teams.
But it was Viscant, using Wesker, Haggar and Phoenix, who went all the way, defeating PR Balrog 3-0 in the final.
Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition results:
- Winner: Fuudo (Fei Long)
- 2. Latif (C.Viper)
- 3. Poongko (Seth)
- 4. Daigo Umheara (Yun)
- 5. Kindevu (Yun)
- 5. Tokido (Akuma)
- 7. Wolfkrone (C.Viper)
- 7. Flash Metroid (Zangief, C.Viper)
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 results:
- Winner: Viscant (Wesker/Haggar/Phoenix)
- 2. PR Balrog (Wolverine/Dante/Tron/Amaterasu)
- 3. Justin Wong (She Hulk/Wolverine/Akuma/Storm/Wesker)
- 4. Combofiend (She Hulk/Taskmaster/Spencer)
- 5. Noel Brown (Wolverine/Wesker/Akuma/Phoenix)
- 5. Filipino Champ (Magneto/Sentinel/Phoenix/Dormammu)
- 7. X-Ray (Dante/Amaterasu/Magneto)
- 7. Mine (Wesker/Taskmaster/Phoenix)
Thanks to Shoryuken for tournament results.