Wakfu, the ambitious new MMO from the studio behind cartoony hit Dofus, is now in open beta, developer Ankama Games has announced.
It's free to play, providing you've signed up for an Ankama account, with the client now available for download from the developer's website.
The open beta lets you do the following:
- Play the first six character classes: Iop, Cra, Eniripsa, Sadida, Ecaflip and Enutrof
- Learn to master the 25 spells available for each class
- Try the 16 professions offered, all of which are already in-game: Trapper, Poster, Master of Weapons or Baker... everything is possible!
- Vote every two weeks to elect the Governor or run for the election
- Protect or exploit many extraordinary animals or vegetal species: Tofus, Gobballs, Monster plants...
- Explore the islands of Astrub (the City of Mercenaries), the two nations of Amakna and Bonta, as well as other numerous islands that each nation will have the possibility to conquer and that all have a different ecosystem.
Ankama has promised that the game will be regularly updated with new characters, locations and challenges.
Islands of Wakfu, a two-player action adventure spin-off from the full MMO, launched on Xbox Live Arcade earlier this year, winning a sturdy 7/10 from Eurogamer's Christian Donlan.