The PlayStation 3 version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim debuted at number four on this week's Japanese sales chart, with the Xbox 360 SKU not too far behind at nine.
Bethesda's epic RPG sold 75,865 on PS3 and 37,037 on Xbox 360.
A solid performance but not enough to challenge the triumvirate of 3DS titles sitting pretty in the top three slots.
As reported earlier this week, Capcom Wii port Monster Hunter Tri G comfortably took the top spot selling 521,959 copies. Last week's number one Mario Kart 7 dropped to second, with sales falling 57 per cent to 183,834.
Super Mario 3D Land showed great legs at three, with sales climbing 21 per cent to 89,713.
Other new entries included Wii party game collection Mario & Sonic At The London Olympic Games at number 13.
Here's the full top 20, as seen on NeoGAF:
- Monster Hunter Tri G (Capcom, 3DS) - 521,959 (NEW)
- Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 3DS) - 183,834 (Life to date: 607,453, -57%)
- Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo, 3DS) - 89,743 (724,611, +21%)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks, PS3) - 75,865 (NEW)
- Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. (Bandai Namco Games, PS3) - 56,584 (406.340, -84%)
- Magician's Quest: Oshare na Mahou Tsukai (Konami, DS) - 46,042 (NEW)
- Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi (Bandai Namco Games, PS3) - 44,593 (NEW)
- Kirby's Adventure (Nintendo, Wii) - 44,570 (327,487, +63%)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks, Xbox 360) - 37,037 (NEW)
- Just Dance Wii (Nintendo, Wii) - 30,935 (279,272, +71%)
- Wii Party (Nintendo, Wii) - 30,826 (2,086,603, +61%)
- PokePark 2: Beyond the World (The Pokemon Company, Wii) - 30.512 (120,189, +53%)
- Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Nintendo, Wii) - 30,222 (NEW)
- Toaru Kagaku no Chou Denjihou (Kadokawa Games, PSP) - 29,016 (NEW)
- Metal Max 2: Reloaded (Enterbrain, DS) - 24,233 (NEW)
- Wii Sports Resort with Remote Plus (Nintendo, Wii) - 23.163 (703,242, +46%)
- Taiko Drum Master Wii: Definitive Edition (Bandai Namco Games, Wii) - 21,471 (70,237, +29%)
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Nintendo, Wii) - 19,947 (247.116, -38%)
- One Piece: Gigant Battle 2 - New World (Bandai Namco Games, DS) - 18.696 (179,052, +11%)
- Fortune Street (Square Enix, Wii) - 16,580 (44,220, -40%)
The 3Ds continued its dominance of the hardware chart, shifting 350,321 units, up from 205,962 last week.
The PSP followed in second, with the Wii leapfrogging the PlayStation 3 into third.
- 3DS: 350,321 (Last week: 205,962)
- PSP: 51,191 (39,547)
- Wii: 46,018 (31,071)
- PlayStation 3: 44,661 (40,668)
- DS: 6630 (4436)
- Xbox 360: 3211 (1660)
- PlayStation 2: 1268 (1500)
Get your first month for £1 (normally £3.99) when you buy a Standard Eurogamer subscription. Enjoy ad-free browsing, merch discounts, our monthly letter from the editor, and show your support with a supporter-exclusive comment flair!