BioWare has revealed what's coming to the just-launched MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic in the near future.
In a post on The Old Republic website, game director James Ohlen told fans "you can count on us to diligently expand the game and service to surprise and delight you".
BioWare will add new Guild features, grant better control over the UI, and new PvP and space combat content.
The following is a list of features the development team is working on for patches coming in the near future.
- New Content - We will be adding new content to the galaxy on an ongoing basis. These worlds will include Operations, Flashpoints and solo content.
- Guild Functionality - Guilds are important to the long term health of any MMORPG. We have a huge list of guild centric features. This will be an ongoing effort that will probably never end. Guild banks are the first thing we'll be delivering in our plans for increased guild functionality. Eventually we even want to deliver on the promise of the long hinted at "Guild Capital Ships".
- UI customization - You like choice. We hear you! SWTOR is all about choice. Being able to choose how you interact with an online game is something we feel is very important. We are going to be giving more control over the UI as an ongoing effort. This is a very big priority for us.
- PvP - We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away! In addition to that high level PVP content, expect new Warzones and new PvP features on a regular basis.
- Space Combat - We will continue to add missions to the space game. We also have a special project going on right now that will expand space gameplay in a significant way... for now the details will have to remain under wraps.
- Legacy System - The ability to select a surname for your character is just the start of something much bigger. Soon, the Legacy experience and levels you earn will grant your characters access to powers, objects and other cool benefits.
- And more - We have an entire team of developers working on future content. Right now we are focused on nothing else but Star Wars: The Old Republic, so expect new and cool things.
The Old Republic is live now for Early Game Access players. It goes live for everyone else on 20th December.