Fewer PS3s are being sold in Japan than ever before, with the figure plunging under 4000 units for the week ending 26th October according to Media Create data.
Sony will take solace in 6962 sales of PlayStation 2 consoles, then, but sitting behind format rival Xbox 360 with 7844 units sold will sting.
The reason behind it all could be the recent Xbox 360 price cut. Microsoft counts no games in the Japanese top 40, and the PS3 claims just NBA Live '09 way down at 39.
Nintendo hopeful Wii Music will be similarly deflated, falling to number five after only two weeks on sale. The melodic Miyamoto composition has sold 129,000 copies in Japan so far.
Elsewhere, the PSP was head and shoulders above competition in hardware land, and DS game Wagamama Fashion Girls Mode won in the software stakes.
- Wagamama Fashion Girls Mode (DS) - 76,000
- Devil Summoner: Kuzunoha Raidou tai Abaddon Ou (PS2) - 63,000
- Pokémon Platinum (DS) - 53,000 (lifetime: 1,810,000)
- Rhythm Tengoku Gold (Wii) - 44,000 (lifetime: 1,051,000)
- Wii Music (Wii) - 38,000 (lifetime: 129,000)
- Yuusha no Kuse ni Namaikida Or 2 (PSP) - 27,000 (lifetime: 86,000)
- Devil Summoner: Kuzunoha Raidou tai Abaddon Ou (PS2) - 25,000
- Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS) 19,000
- Bleach: Soul Carnival (PSP) - 18,000
- Wii Fit (Wii) - 15,000 (lifetime: 2,756,000)
- PSP: 60,467
- Wii: 24,292
- DS: 22,965
- Xbox 360: 7,844
- PS2: 6962
- PS3: 3931