Sega has detailed all the exclusive additions coming to the impending PlayStation 3 version of Wii rail shooter House of the Dead: Overkill.
Highlights include two additional levels, new weapons, game modes and some hitherto unseen enemy types.
Here's the full list, as posted on the PlayStation Blog:
- PlayStation Move and Sharp Shooter compatible
- OVERKILL fully remastered – available in high definition graphics and stereoscopic 3D for the first time ever
- Extended with two additional levels not in the original game
- Exclusive crossbow weapon
- New baby mutant type
- New Hardcore mode – mutants can only be killed with headshots
- New Classic mode – play through the entire game using only the AMS Magnum
- Exclusive missing reel – an extended boss fight with “Mother” in “OVERKILL”, the game’s final level
- Online leaderboards to track high scores and stats
- Collectibles to grab throughout all levels to unlock bonus materials; comic pages, music tracks, 3D models and 2D artwork
- New PlayStation trophies to unlock
- Improved boss fights in all levels
- New and improved cut-scenes using motion capture
You can also wrap your eyes around a few new screenshots and the predictably excellent box art below.
Sega's eye-wateringly profane Wii original launched back in 2007, to measured Eurogamer acclaim. Give our House of the Dead: Overkill review a read for more details.
The PlayStation 3 take arrives in stores on 28th October.