The Pokémon Company has announced touring details for the 2011 Pokémon Video Game Championships.
The competition will criss-cross Europe and North America in the coming months, before a final showdown this August in San Diego.
Do you know your Charmander from your Chandelure? Your Litwik from your Lickitung? Nintendo has once again designated Birmingham's NEC as the UK's pocket monster Mecca. Battling begins there in June, with space for 1024 Pokémon trainers to duel and probably get their photos taken with a man in a Pikachu costume. But beware, entry is determined on a first come, first served basis.
Victory gifts the top eight prizes, glory, and entrance into the World Championship final.
The only caveat is players must use the latest versions of the Pokémon series, Black and White, which launched last month in Europe to massive sales. The pair blasted past the one million mark in 10 days, and have now clocked up a staggering seven million copies worldwide.
2011 Pokémon Video Game National Championships: European locations
- June 4th, Birmingham, United Kingdom - National Exhibition Centre, Hall 8
- June 11th, Rome, Italy - Fiera Roma, Hall 12, Ingresso Nord
- June 18th, Madrid, Spain - IFEMA, Hall 1, Feria de Madrid
- June 25th, Paris, France - Espace Grande Arche, Parvis de La Défense
- July 2nd , Cologne, Germany - EXPO XXI Köln GmbH, Gladbacher Wall 5
2011 Pokémon Video Game Championship Series: US dates and locations:
- May 14th, Seattle, WA - Washington State Convention Center, Hall 4B
- May 21st, San Jose, CA - San Jose Convention Center, Exhibit Hall 2
- May 28th, Dallas, TX - Arlington Convention Center, Grand Hall
- June 4th, Atlanta, GA - Gwinnett Center, Hall A and B
- June 11th, Washington, D.C. - Dulles Expo Center, South Hall
- June 18th, Newark, NJ - Meadowlands Exposition Center
2011 Pokémon World Championships:
- August 12th–14th, San Diego, CA - Hilton San Diego Bayfront