Nintendo has announced the Japanese launch line-up for its upcoming 3DS handheld and posted detailed specs for the handheld that reveal its battery life.
The biggest of the launch games are probably Nintendogs+Cats and Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle, with the rest of the list made up of third-party titles.
Here's the line-up and pricing courtesy of Famitsu:
- Battle of the Giants: Dinosaurs 3D (¥5,040)
- Nintendogs+Cats (¥4,800)
- Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (¥5,980)
- Puzzle Bobble 3D (¥4,980)
- Ridge Racer 3D (¥6,090)
- Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (¥4,800)
- Samurai Warriors: Chronicle (¥6,090)
- Winning Eleven Soccer 3D (¥5,800)
The 3DS launches in Japan on 26th February where it will cost 25,000 yen (£193 / €233).
According to specs on the official Nintendo site, it will take three and a half hours to fully charge the 3DS battery, which will last 3-5 hours during 3DS gameplay and 5-8 hours playing original DS games.
Brightness (and presumably the 3D slider?) will impact battery life.
It's all going to be fine though, because Ridge Racer 3D is on the launch list, and as everyone knows, Ridge Racer is the Viva Pinata of racing games.