Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2142

• Page

of 2862 First / Last

• bad09 24 Feb 2013 12:03:23 6,255 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aliens (special edition of course)

I dodged the Colonial Marines bullet but been up for some Xenomorph action so threw on Aliens for a re-watch yesterday. I saw it last year with the blu boxset but it only hit me last night how well it's aged, sure a few shots look well dodgy but they did when it was released.

Such a different film to Alien but fits as a sequel so amazingly well and for some reason it is always exciting and tense to watch no matter how many times you see it. 27 years on and still a mostly flawless Sci-fi action flick. Mostly, the queen using a lift is still a cringe moment. Got me in the mood for the workprint of 3 now (yes I like 3 so shut it!)

99% - 1% off for the queen knowing which floor Ripley was on :)

Edited by bad09 at 12:08:18 24-02-2013
  • TechnoHippy 24 Feb 2013 12:49:22 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ted

Moderately amusing.

7/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• -cerberus- 24 Feb 2013 13:46:06 3,625 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    AVP: Requiem

I've seen this one before but completely forgot all about it. Couldn't care less for the story since this AvP premise is so insanely stupid to begin with and only works in video games if you ask me. The first film was an absolute atrocity but I honestly like this one better. It feels very much like one of those straight-to-video gore flicks from the 80's where the director had almost total control and the balls to fuck with the audience.
    My major complaint is that the film's much too dark though, at times I really couldn't tell what was going on. But overal, I was entertained.

Don't get me wrong, this is still a shit film. A shit film with balls & gore. Worth a watch, I say.

3/10

People are bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling.

• bad09 24 Feb 2013 13:53:21 6,255 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Both are truly terrible films but personally I preferred the first one. AvP:R brought back gore but all the teen stuff didn't fit and as you say you need the eyes of Riddick to see a lot of the film.
  • Mr-Brett 24 Feb 2013 14:02:18 12,894 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The one where some hip hop artist that can't act is best buds with a predator that couldn't look much more like a dude in a cheap suit unless he bought the costume online then kills a fucking Alien queen with an Alien's tail is worse in my opinion.

The other one is still pretty pants but in crappy generic sci-fi action way, not in a 'oh god this syfy channel early afternoon garbage' way.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• -cerberus- 24 Feb 2013 14:03:26 3,625 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @bad09 When that gal teams up with the Predator in the first one and both of them run off with Elliot Goldenthal's score from Batman & Robin in the background (ok, I just imaged that last bit), that's the part where I just can't take it anymore. What were they thinking.

Edited by -cerberus- at 14:04:27 24-02-2013

People are bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling.

• TechnoHippy 24 Feb 2013 14:24:16 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    How I Spent My Summer

It's been a while since I've seen Mel Gibson star in something worth watching. This was fun to watch.

7/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• bad09 24 Feb 2013 14:32:08 6,255 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @-cerberus-

Yeah it's pretty terrible :) I just found the whole AvP: 90210 of the 2nd just too terrible for words and the rest is pretty forgettable and bland even the Predalien was a let down. At least AvP was interesting visually with it's ancient temple and the queen fight is quite good.
  • gooner77 24 Feb 2013 14:41:04 898 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wreck It Ralph 6/10

Was very good for the first 45 mins and then descended into a crappy kids flick without the knowing wit and humour of the best Pixar films. The Vanelope character was really irritating but not as bad as mater from cars 2. a tad over hyped unfortunately
  • Load_2.0 24 Feb 2013 15:21:43 19,670 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Looper. Very enjoyable, though I tire a little of the way the future is always painted as a grim wasteland. Plus I couldn't get over young Joe's face.

8/10.
  • Deleted user 24 February 2013 16:59:21
    Been checking out the Shameless collection. I’ve had the films for a while, I've seen 01 - 12 already, and found some energy to watch 13 14 16 19 22

13 - What Have They Done To Your Daughters?
    There’s a good tune or two during the film, one of which I’m sure I’ve heard before. The film is Italian dubbed to English. The story see’s police investigate the murder of various suspects, killed a mysterious stranger clad in motorbike leathers. The chase sequences complete with speeded up footage are a hoot.

14 - Oasis Of Fear
    Starts off well enough, upbeat, carefree, but this is short lived, and most of the story takes place inside a an isolated villa, where some woman lives. Ingrid’s pretty good and sexy as hell, unlike Dick who has all the acting skills of R2-D2. Picture quality is pretty average for its age. The film is a lot better than say, The Ratman.

16 - Strip Nude For Your Killer (1975)
    Starts of ok, with good vibes from scenes showing night scenes of some city. There’s a fair share of nudity. Picture quality is good. Some shaky camera work from time to time, obviously the steady-cam hadn’t been invented by then.

19 - Baba Yaga (1973)
    I quite liked this film. One of the better Shameless releases. ‘A photographer finds herself falling under the spell of a witch’ - IMDb

Isabelle de Funes looks stunning. On the whole the film is slow, with interesting music, and filled with interesting locations, architecture. It is great seeing all the stuff from that era, from the cameras, cars to the furniture.

22 - Papaya Del Caraibi / Love Goddess of the Cannibals (1978)

‘A team of geologists attempt to remove a native cannibal population from an island to perform atomic research, but the cannibals' female leader disposes of them one by one by seduction.’ - IMDb

Borderline soft core pron. It shows tits, ass, bush, some cock. The horror side is basic. Acting’s ok to wooden. The island locations are interesting. It felt like a basic film with unnecessary nudity. That said, the film has a certain charm that some lo scoring films lack.

Can you imagine pitching this to Sony and their Playstation 4:

Dev - ‘hi.. i have this great idea for a new game.. you’re going love it..’

Sony - ‘fire away..’

Dev - ‘the adventure takes place on a island..’

Sony - ‘..like Uncharted?’

Dev - ‘yeah - kind of..’

Sony - ‘sounds good.. we like that..’

Dev - ‘there’s an island.. and imperialists are going to build a nuclear reactor, and this in turn upsets the locals, and the Player is there to stop the imperialists putting their plan into action..’

Sony - ‘sounds interesting.. does it involve guns.. we like guns.. big explosions that sort of thing.. effects that show off the hardware..’

Dev - ‘well.. no.. there’s are no guns..’

Sony - ‘so how will the Player stop the imperialists?..’

Dev - ‘the Player controls a character named Papaya, she’s a half cast girl, and she likes to walk around half naked and seduce men, in this case the imperialists types, and bite their cocks off.. thus killing them..’

Sony - ‘O… K… .. .’

Dev - ‘if you pass me that PS4 controller, I’ll demonstrate the movement required to simulate the move action required to kill an opponent..’

Sony - ‘there’ll be no need for that.. we get the idea..’

Edited by blacksea at 17:01:08 24-02-2013
  • Mr_Sleep 24 Feb 2013 18:22:04 17,380 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I have finally managed to watch Stalker and I just don't know what to think about it, clearly it's quite quite brilliant but it's really quite impenetrable and dense. I didn't expect anything else but a rewatch might well be in order at some point to piece more of it together, my conclusions are quite fragmented.

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 18:22:21 24-02-2013

You are a factory of sadness.

• bad09 24 Feb 2013 18:58:13 6,255 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dreams Of A Life

In 2003 a woman died in her flat in North London, no one missed her and she wasn't found for 3 years. How she died is unknown but this engrossing documentary shows us the life of this woman by tracking down people who knew her and through reconstruction.

I don't remember it in the news back in 2006 if I'm honest but this story of a woman laying dead for 3 years and being found only because bailiffs broke down her door for their money is tragic. As you watch you somehow feel this film needed to be made to tell her story and come the end you are left thinking about how we live today and how people come in and out of our lives and that you don't really know your neighbours in our modern society.

Grim but touching and will make you think of that mate you haven't heard from for years. Well worth a watch.

80%
  • thelzdking 24 Feb 2013 19:32:57 4,413 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Falling Down - 9/10

The righteous rage of the flawed man turned up to 11.
  • Deleted user 24 February 2013 19:48:33
    bad09 wrote:
    Dreams Of A Life

In 2003 a woman died in her flat in North London, no one missed her and she wasn't found for 3 years. How she died is unknown but this engrossing documentary shows us the life of this woman by tracking down people who knew her and through reconstruction.

I don't remember it in the news back in 2006 if I'm honest but this story of a woman laying dead for 3 years and being found only because bailiffs broke down her door for their money is tragic. As you watch you somehow feel this film needed to be made to tell her story and come the end you are left thinking about how we live today and how people come in and out of our lives and that you don't really know your neighbours in our modern society.

Grim but touching and will make you think of that mate you haven't heard from for years. Well worth a watch.

80%
    I got this recorded on my sky box, looking forward to seeing it. Sounds horrifying though. what i make out, she was quite popular and people enjoyed her company. To be dead for 3 years and not found in todays connected enivroment, is crazy.

shall try and watch this this week.
  • bad09 24 Feb 2013 20:02:07 6,255 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @joelstinton

Yeah she amazingly was quite popular which makes her lonely death all the more strange and tragic. It is also what makes it an interesting documentary though, you find yourself wanting to know more about her to try and understand how something so awful could happen.

Enjoy it, it will certainly make you think.
  • altitude2k 24 Feb 2013 20:03:07 4,880 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wreck It Ralph - 8/10

Really solid animated story, with unforced and enjoyable gaming cameos and references. Not sure whether Calhoun was meant to be almost identical to Anya from Gears, though...

Although my utter favourite cameo was Skrillex!
  • fletch7100 24 Feb 2013 20:08:22 7,446 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @joelstinton

Talking about Documentaries, I recommend Bus174. Quite a hard hitting doc about a coked up 21yr old taking hostages on a bus during a blotched robbery in Brazil 2000. The whole incident is played on live TV which descends into a media circus.

Film deals a lot with the social background of Brazil at that time. Mainly about the homeless street kids gangs. Including a massacre outside a church when 8kids(11-20 years old) were killed by police and many others wounded. Used to have about 60 kids sleeping rough outside the church. 50 officers were accused of the shootings, 3 were charged and 1 was convicted. The hostage taker was one of the survivors of this shooting.

Quite a hard hitting doc. Has been described as watching a car crash when seeing the hostage situation unfold. You know it's going to go bad, just have to watch what will happen.
  • Kostabi 24 Feb 2013 20:10:03 5,094 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gangster Squad - 6.5/10

No dense plot or expansive character arcs, just guys in dapper hats shooting people with evil smirks in the face and I quite like that.
  • Deleted user 24 February 2013 20:11:05
    fletch7100 wrote:
    @joelstinton

Talking about Documentaries, I recommend Bus174. Quite a hard hitting doc about a coked up 21yr old taking hostages on a bus during a blotched robbery in Brazil 2000. The whole incident is played on live TV which descends into a media circus.

Film deals a lot with the social background of Brazil at that time. Mainly about the homeless street kids gangs. Including a massacre outside a church when 8kids(11-20 years old) were killed by police and many others wounded. Used to have about 60 kids sleeping rough outside the church. 50 officers were accused of the shootings, 3 were charged and 1 was convicted. The hostage taker was one of the survivors of this shooting.

Quite a hard hitting doc. Has been described as watching a car crash when seeing the hostage situation unfold. You know it's going to go bad, just have to watch what will happen.
    sweet man will def have to check that out. Really like a good documentary. They storyville series on bbc4 is bliss!.
  • figgis 24 Feb 2013 20:21:36 7,382 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    fletch7100 wrote:
    @joelstinton

sweet man will def have to check that out. Really like a good documentary. They storyville series on bbc4 is bliss!.
    Seconded, hard to believe the director is now remaking Robocop
  • fletch7100 24 Feb 2013 20:29:04 7,446 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @figgis

Looks like he may be creating and directing a 13 part drama for Netflix as well. Is called Narcos and about Columbian drug lord Pablo Escobar,out 2014

Like how he did the action scenes in his Elite Squad films. Doubt he will be allowed to make Robocop like the way he wants to make it
  • Lukus 24 Feb 2013 20:59:51 19,475 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    21 Jump Street

The first two thirds are definitely better than the final third, where it stops being as funny, but until then I was laughing consistently, and at least a couple of scenes had me lolling good and proper ('finger my mouth' and the whole trip in general).

Good stuff.

7.5/10

Edited by Lukus at 21:00:08 24-02-2013

Paintings & Photographs

• Trowel 24 Feb 2013 21:43:57 18,055 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A Royal Affair - 8/10

Stirring stuff, though a shame that probably the most interesting part of the story is reduced to little more than a final footnote.
  • Scurrminator 24 Feb 2013 21:48:15 8,466 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Guard
    8/10
    Very funny. Loved it

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Madder-Max 24 Feb 2013 22:55:09 11,688 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The amazing spiderman. 8/10

Really enjoyed it. Great cast. If you haven't seen it and wonder why this was remade so soon then please watch it and u will see why.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Mola_Ram 24 Feb 2013 23:43:22 8,275 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Afaik it was remade so Sony could stop the Spiderman rights from going to another company.
  • beastmaster 24 Feb 2013 23:46:20 11,987 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Watched a few today. Knackered though so will do a short review some other time perhaps. But here are the scores on the doors.

Assassination Games - 7/10
    The Conversation - 9/10
    The Toxic Avenger - 6/10
    X - 6/10

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• sirtacos 25 Feb 2013 03:00:21 7,378 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Expendables 2

Retarded and psychopathic. Not clever, thrilling or engaging in any way whatsoever.

2/10
  • Mola_Ram 25 Feb 2013 03:40:58 8,275 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I liked the opening sequence of expendables 2, but yeah... even by the standards of dumb action movies it was retarded. And cringeworthy in many places.
  • Page

of 2862 First / Last