• Psychotext 28 Jul 2011 16:54:14 55,048 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ha, probably.
  • DUFFMAN5 28 Jul 2011 16:58:29 15,415 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Question... I haven't bought NV yet and I'm wondering if anyone thinks that at some point a (hopefully less buggy) "complete" version will come out with the DLC?

I would have figured a game of the year edition at some point, except... well... :D

Without a doubt we will get a GOTY version, it will not be patched however. I like you have yet to start NV (not even unwrapped, that will teach me to by at launch for £40!) but will get around to it...

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Red_Bool 15 Sep 2011 10:48:35 1,178 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Really, really, REALLY enjoying this so far. Almost at lvl 14, found my father, watched him get shot :-( and now need to get into Vault 87. What I really like is the amount of choice and variety you have. Quite some side-missions I completed using my Speech skills (sometimes without even firing one bullet), which is something I didn't expect I'd be doing when I started out.

Yesterday however, I went to rescue some kids from the slavers at Paradise Falls. At first I was trying to talk my way in, but then I thought "hey, wait a minute! these are #$%^$ slavers!" and just massacred the whole bunch :-) It's great how situations like these get you to think about things.

Also, some of the side-quests are actually really interesting Bloodlines was unexpected!.

My GOTY this year so far!

(what do you mean it's 3 years old?)
  • DUFFMAN5 15 Sep 2011 10:51:08 15,415 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Red_bool

Welcome to one of the greatest games EVER. I played well over 100 hours. The game just keeps giving.

• Murbs 15 Sep 2011 10:52:37 22,591 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I wish New Vegas had sucked me in the way this did... I agree with DUFF's statement - definitely one of the greats.
  • Kay 15 Sep 2011 11:02:19 17,971 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    First time I played the game, I put about 30 hours into before deciding it was overrated and moving on to something else. Decided to give it another go, and ended up putting a good 200hrs over a period of about six months. It's got plenty of flaws, but the overall experience more than makes up for it.
  • Red_Bool 15 Sep 2011 11:02:29 1,178 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Red_bool

Welcome to one of the greatest games EVER. I played well over 100 hours. The game just keeps giving.
    Indeed! So far it just keeps on throwing new and interesting things at you. There's just so much to do! :-)
  • Tuffty 15 Sep 2011 11:14:13 1,746 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Paradise Falls led to a memorable game moment for me. I too wanted to save the kids and I tried the diplomatic approach with the guard outside and when I walked in I was met with a hail of gunfire from all angles. Took cover and landed a few shots before running and seeking shelter in a nearby gun store to my left. Killed those inside and was thinking of just leaving and coming back but I noticed something in the corner. It was a human skeleton in a cage with a party hat on his head. Got me thinking about the slave and thought about the ridicule and abuse he had at the hands of his captors. So I stocked up with everything in the place and walked out again with the purpose to clear out the place and put a big dent in the slave trade.
  • Red_Bool 15 Sep 2011 11:24:26 1,178 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Tuffty: I noticed that after I had already cleared out the whole place! It brought the same thoughts to my mind...at least I had made sure they got what they deserved :-)
  • Pumpatron 8 Jan 2012 12:23:08 389 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I got this for Christmas. I'm a bit late to the party I know, when this came out I didn't 'do' RPGs. But since then I've gotten into Mass Effect and recently the new Deus Ex.

I'm really enjoying it. At first it didn't grab me, I couldn't see what the fuss was about. But now I'm itching to get back to it, I've only done about 3 of the main story missions, keep getting distracted and wandering off exploring and doing side quests.

I've got the Game of the Year edition so this is gonna keep me going of ages. :)
  • DUFFMAN5 8 Jan 2012 16:10:57 15,415 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Pumpatron

Could well be my fav game ever (along with RE2) just a totally awesome game, enjoy you are in for some real treats as you sink many tens of hours into the game.

• MatMan562 8 Jan 2012 17:06:19 2,615 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Agreed with Duffman! It was my first "proper" RPG (not including Pokemon and Paper Mario). I ended up spending 86 hours on it and still have a load to do but I feel like I have "completed" it so I have left it. I found New Vegas to be somewhat dissapointing however, it felt too small and missing a certain... something. If it wasn't for Skyrim FO3 would still be in my top 3 games of all time. I'd definately recommend Skyrim once you're finished with FO3, Pumpatron, unless you despise fantasy completely. Though once you're finished with it a GOTY edition shouldn't be far off.

I really can't wait for Fallout 4. I'm hoping they release it for the WiiU so the controller's screen can act as your constant PipBoy. That would put an end to all the stopping and starting that the PipBoy brings with it and would hopefully stop the whole my-face-is-being-mauled-so-i'll-just-hold-my-wrist-up-to-my-face-to-freeze-everybody-so-i-can-heal/ change weapon/ use item. They could possibly have it so you can lift the controller up to activate VATS (which would freeze everyone still, or maybe it would be better to just slow them so there is still a slight element of skill?) and then use it to target the area you want to hit precisely. If Nintendo could get it as an exclusive they would sell a lot more consoles to the "Hardcore". Oh, and preferably no bugs that break or somewhat hinder people's games. The funny ones should stay.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Pumpatron 9 Jan 2012 14:05:28 389 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cheers guys, sounds like I'm in for a treat then. DUFFMAN, Resident Evil 2 is also one of my favourite games. Best of the series in my view.

MatMan562, I don't hate fantasy, but it doesn't really excite me either. I may end up getting skyrim down the line when Game of the Year edition is out.
  • Lexx87 9 Jan 2012 14:46:03 20,863 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This game is ace \o/

Speak the truth hussy!

• X201 9 Jan 2012 14:53:04 15,750 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Pumpatron

Find the controls for the torch.
  • Pumpatron 9 Jan 2012 14:55:41 389 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Torch? you mean the light on your pitboy?

...err or pipboy.

Edited by Pumpatron at 14:57:17 09-01-2012
  • X201 9 Jan 2012 15:09:08 15,750 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pumpatron wrote:
    Torch? you mean the light on your pitboy?

...err or pipboy.
    Yep.

It has... er... somewhat of a history in this thread :)
  • Pumpatron 9 Jan 2012 15:23:19 389 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ah, well I do keep forgetting to turn the fucker off when sneaking around. 'What?? how did they know I was here?!'.....aahhhh.'
  • Murbs 9 Jan 2012 16:04:50 22,591 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lexx87 wrote:
    This game is ace \o/
  • Murbs 9 Jan 2012 16:05:58 22,591 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I always knew about the torch, but discovering the pipboy was also a radio... BLEW MY MIND.
  • pigsy2400 1 Oct 2012 16:09:23 153 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I finished Fallout3 long long ago & never got round to getting the addons. However, I picked up Broken Steel, Point Lookout, The Pitt, Operation Anchorage yesterday from game on disc for a few quid, bargain!

However, I want to play Broken Steel first and continue my game. When I activate Project Purity blah blah blah, after the 2 weeks later, I am just stuck under the bed, coughing, not being able to move & thats it!!

Livid wouldnt be the word!!

anyone got any ideas?
    I have 1.5
  • dancingrob 1 Oct 2012 17:06:20 1,191 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @pigsy2400

presume you've tried the usual trick of reloading an earlier save?
  • pigsy2400 8 Oct 2012 14:38:50 153 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @dancingrob yeah I have and keep getting the same, really disappointed, as I left Fallout 3 before the DLC came out, and when I have finally decided to opt for it, a few years later granted,. it just doesnt work!
  • onestepfromlost 20 Dec 2012 19:30:30 2,117 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    hate to necro this old thread, but got this on PC for dirt cheap and having totally 100% it on the 360 i got it for the PC for the mods aspect, so what im asking is can anyone recommend any must have mods?
  • monkehhh 20 Dec 2012 19:37:04 3,525 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @onestepfromlost I'd go for something like https://sites.google.com/site/fo3wanderersedition/
  • kickerconspiracy 20 Dec 2012 19:38:35 494 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/top/
  • Matt36 29 Apr 2013 18:51:36 1,477 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bought the game today for my windows 7 laptop, without any knowledge of the problems the game has on windows 7.

I've tried to add the ".dll" file.
    I've edited the notepad file as every website has told me.

I'm out of ideas and will probs cry if I can't get it to work. Any suggestions, please??
  • Lyserberg 29 Apr 2013 19:04:59 349 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Haven't played FNV despite of the fact that many people recommended it for me, i feel ashamed. :/

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• monkehhh 29 Apr 2013 19:08:41 3,525 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Matt36 - which problem?

Lyserberg - play it nooooow!
  • Deleted user 29 April 2013 19:13:08
    Lyserberg wrote:
    Haven't played FNV despite of the fact that many people recommended it for me, i feel ashamed. :/
    It's the better game imo. Played both of them to death and I prefer to go back to NV for my wasteland 'fix' rather than 3 every time.

Very much more of the same though.
  • Page

of 396 First / Last