Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    He was silently cool.

Then they ruined him.
  • bad09 13 Sep 2017 15:43:05 8,009 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @You-can-call-me-kal

I did mention Ep2 was a terrible shoe in from Lucas to ride the epopularity of the character. I think more Bobba in a less terrible way would be great.

Bobba was a cool character but just massively underused side character and was stupidly killed off in Jedi in a really terrible way after everyone went "wow this bounty hunter is cool!" in Empire. I think that's why he is so popular, there's always been an unfulfilled Bobba shaped hole in our hearts.
  • Blurp 13 Sep 2017 15:45:39 1,042 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    People think Star Wars has a wealth of depth with lots of interesting characters and settings. Not really. I mean, can someone describe what type of characteristics Bobba has?
  • You-can-call-me-kal 13 Sep 2017 15:48:21 9,889 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, I get that.

I think there’s a thing with SW that a lot of the things with a bit of mystique and mystery about them are probably best left that way. As fas we get super excited about the gaps and unexplained mysterious being covered, but are inevitably disappointed when it doesn’t match our unreasonable expectations.

Rogue One was a success because it was an answer to a question nobody had ever really thought to ask. Nobody really cared how they’d got the Death Star plans so they were able to explore it with relative freedom, as there was no expectations. Whereas Vader’s origin, the Clone Wars, who Luke and Leia’s mum was, Bobba etc all massively disappointed.
  • Derblington 13 Sep 2017 15:50:22 29,642 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    Bobba was a cool character but just massively underused side character and was stupidly killed off in Jedi in a really terrible way after everyone went "wow this bounty hunter is cool!" in Empire. I think that's why he is so popular, there's always been an unfulfilled Bobba shaped hole in our hearts.
    Boba really hasn't ever been a cool character, he just looked interesting. He only has a few scenes where he does nothing of note and then gets killed off pretty unspectacularly.

But people like him. So they ruined him further in the PT by making him a clone of Jango, who was also pretty crap (though he put up more of a fight than Boba did).

He's got a cool costume but they've never actually made him cool in an way.
  • Derblington 13 Sep 2017 15:53:58 29,642 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'#d be totally up for a SW anthology film that delved into the smuggling/bounty-hunting underside of the SW universe but it really needs to be standalone with all new characters.
  • beastmaster 13 Sep 2017 16:09:39 17,590 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    A spin-off from the Han Solo film!!
  • JamboWayOh 13 Sep 2017 16:31:31 3,383 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I wouldn't mind a spinoff that really explored the trade disputes and potential embargoes that were only touched upon in ep1. Truly a ripe area to be mined there.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 13 Sep 2017 16:51:52 11,018 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Rogue One was a success because it was an answer to a question nobody had ever really thought to ask. Nobody really cared how they’d got the Death Star plans so they were able to explore it with relative freedom, as there was no expectations.
    Not sure about that, there was a game based pretty much entirely on the premise.

And Boba Fett just looks cool as fuck and is the best bounty hunter in the galaxy (we're told). I think a film could work if they just completely ignore anything that the prequels did with him.
  • bad09 13 Sep 2017 18:00:53 8,009 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    And Boba Fett just looks cool as fuck and is the best bounty hunter in the galaxy (we're told). I think a film could work if they just completely ignore anything that the prequels did with him.
    Exactly

• beastmaster 13 Sep 2017 18:48:27 17,590 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dunno who else they'll spin-off yet. They may well move to doing 2 films a year shortly. Especially if Han Solo actually delivers. Throw in a Bobba Fett film in there too.

The Last Jedi
    Han Solo: A Star Wars Story
    Episode 9
    One-Wan
    Episode 10 (maybe!)
    Han Solo 2 etc.

Someone over at Lucasfilm is probably well aware of KOTOR and they may well do it. Eventually.

They can do all new characters and situations. The new characters in The Force Awakens are excellent.

Pah! Just give us the new fucking trailer already. Don't want to wait till the next Thor film before it arrives.
  • thelzdking 13 Sep 2017 20:28:09 6,358 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The plot to the first KotOR is hackneyed rubbish. If they were to do a film based in the Old Republic era then I'd hope they'd do the second game, or something else.
  • Derblington 13 Sep 2017 22:08:26 29,642 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's not canon, iirc. If they were going to do something set in the era I imagine they'd largely work from scratch.
  • Jyzzy-Z 13 Sep 2017 22:42:23 2,286 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    2 films a year sounds absolutely horrific.

Does anyone actually want that?
  • beastmaster 13 Sep 2017 22:48:55 17,590 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Disney! It could happen. Rumoured that Han Solo is moving to Xmas 2018 now. Makes sense as Disney have Infinity War due out a week or two before it.
  • JamboWayOh 13 Sep 2017 23:21:10 3,383 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think Disney are savvy enough to realise that they don't want to cause brand fatigue by having two or even more films in a year. I think they know that star wars is an event film that's pretty special. Having more than one film a year would definitely lessen that impact.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 23:22:25 13-09-2017
  • thelzdking 14 Sep 2017 00:51:43 6,358 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They'd do well to leave it alone for a few years. after the Obi-Wan/anthology film. Obviously they won't because of fanboys' $€£$€£.
  • beastmaster 3 Oct 2017 20:57:52 17,590 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hmm...unconfirmed reports that the new trailer and also tickets go on sale on October 9th.

Cue fan boy rage at cinema websites come crashing down!
  • Daryoon 3 Oct 2017 22:37:43 5,897 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Rogue One was a success because it was an answer to a question nobody had ever really thought to ask. Nobody really cared how they’d got the Death Star plans so they were able to explore it with relative freedom, as there was no expectations. Whereas Vader’s origin, the Clone Wars, who Luke and Leia’s mum was, Bobba etc all massively disappointed.
    There must be at least half a dozen versions of the "who stole the Death Star plans" out there. Dark Forces, for a start. X-Wing had its own version, too.

This is a franchise where Scene 12 Stormtrooper #2 can get an official name, published short story, action figure, and collectable game card...
  • riceNpea 3 Oct 2017 22:50:35 928 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fucking Deathstars. Who the fuck keeps building something that is fundamentally flawed and proves to be huge wastes of time and resource time and time again? Somebody has to be taking a bung.

Please, please, please Last Jedi don't follow Empire Strikes Back's template.
  • H1ggyLTD 3 Oct 2017 22:52:10 7,734 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Probably McAlpine.
  • riceNpea 3 Oct 2017 23:05:07 928 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @H1ggyLTD apparently the next Deathstar has had all it's vulnerabilites of old eradicated and will be completely invulnerable however its a bit of an eyesore because of it so its been given the go-ahead to get covered in cladding
  • HelloNo 3 Oct 2017 23:06:39 1,978 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @JamboWayOh The book 'Plagueis' goes into it, as it's part of Sidious and Plagueis' plan. Have a feeling it's Legends and isn't actually canon (but still a fun read).
  • figgis 4 Oct 2017 09:14:07 7,675 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    At the time Bobba Fett's popularity was due to the large 9-12" figure that was released before Empire was released.
  • bad09 4 Oct 2017 11:28:10 8,009 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Hmm...unconfirmed reports that the new trailer and also tickets go on sale on October 9th.

"Tickets go on sale"? I've seen this pop up in forum threads before. What am I missing? Why would anyone buy cinema tickets in October to go see a film in December? :confused:
  • JamboWayOh 4 Oct 2017 11:52:39 3,383 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:

"Tickets go on sale"? I've seen this pop up in forum threads before. What am I missing? Why would anyone buy cinema tickets in October to go see a film in December? :confused:
    I know right, it's not as if it's out for a day. The most days I've ever prebooked a ticket was a week and that was an imax showing of Dark Knight Rises. Whatever though, there always keenos who want to be first for whatever bragging right.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 12:05:36 04-10-2017
  • riceNpea 4 Oct 2017 11:55:36 928 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @bad09 why do people pre-order games? The thought has been put into their head that they simply must see/have things immediately in such a way they think it's their will.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 4 Oct 2017 11:57:18 9,889 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    To be fair, early and first screenings of things like this tend to be a pretty big event in themselves. It's not like going to see it any other time.
  • Tricky 4 Oct 2017 11:59:23 4,819 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    I know right, it's not as if it's out for a day. The most days I've ever prebooked a ticket was a week and that was an imax showing of Dark Knight Roses. Whatever though, there always keenos who want to be first for whatever bragging right.
    Quoted for posterity, in case you notice and correct it. Some form of Batman rom-com?
  • JamboWayOh 4 Oct 2017 12:04:47 3,383 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Tricky

Oh it was glorious! At the end he barged through Wayne Manor doors with Bane chasing after him in tears asking him to stay, with the reply being '' frankly my dear, I'm Batman! '' I won't lie, I cried.
  • Page

of 25 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.