Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    He was silently cool.

Then they ruined him.
  • bad09 13 Sep 2017 15:43:05 7,899 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @You-can-call-me-kal

I did mention Ep2 was a terrible shoe in from Lucas to ride the epopularity of the character. I think more Bobba in a less terrible way would be great.

Bobba was a cool character but just massively underused side character and was stupidly killed off in Jedi in a really terrible way after everyone went "wow this bounty hunter is cool!" in Empire. I think that's why he is so popular, there's always been an unfulfilled Bobba shaped hole in our hearts.
  • Blurp 13 Sep 2017 15:45:39 889 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    People think Star Wars has a wealth of depth with lots of interesting characters and settings. Not really. I mean, can someone describe what type of characteristics Bobba has?
  • You-can-call-me-kal 13 Sep 2017 15:48:21 9,308 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, I get that.

I think there’s a thing with SW that a lot of the things with a bit of mystique and mystery about them are probably best left that way. As fas we get super excited about the gaps and unexplained mysterious being covered, but are inevitably disappointed when it doesn’t match our unreasonable expectations.

Rogue One was a success because it was an answer to a question nobody had ever really thought to ask. Nobody really cared how they’d got the Death Star plans so they were able to explore it with relative freedom, as there was no expectations. Whereas Vader’s origin, the Clone Wars, who Luke and Leia’s mum was, Bobba etc all massively disappointed.
  • Derblington 13 Sep 2017 15:50:22 29,043 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    Bobba was a cool character but just massively underused side character and was stupidly killed off in Jedi in a really terrible way after everyone went "wow this bounty hunter is cool!" in Empire. I think that's why he is so popular, there's always been an unfulfilled Bobba shaped hole in our hearts.
    Boba really hasn't ever been a cool character, he just looked interesting. He only has a few scenes where he does nothing of note and then gets killed off pretty unspectacularly.

But people like him. So they ruined him further in the PT by making him a clone of Jango, who was also pretty crap (though he put up more of a fight than Boba did).

He's got a cool costume but they've never actually made him cool in an way.
  • Derblington 13 Sep 2017 15:53:58 29,043 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'#d be totally up for a SW anthology film that delved into the smuggling/bounty-hunting underside of the SW universe but it really needs to be standalone with all new characters.
  • beastmaster 13 Sep 2017 16:09:39 17,253 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    A spin-off from the Han Solo film!!
  • JamboWayOh 13 Sep 2017 16:31:31 1,707 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I wouldn't mind a spinoff that really explored the trade disputes and potential embargoes that were only touched upon in ep1. Truly a ripe area to be mined there.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 13 Sep 2017 16:51:52 9,850 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Rogue One was a success because it was an answer to a question nobody had ever really thought to ask. Nobody really cared how they’d got the Death Star plans so they were able to explore it with relative freedom, as there was no expectations.
    Not sure about that, there was a game based pretty much entirely on the premise.

And Boba Fett just looks cool as fuck and is the best bounty hunter in the galaxy (we're told). I think a film could work if they just completely ignore anything that the prequels did with him.
  • bad09 13 Sep 2017 18:00:53 7,899 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    And Boba Fett just looks cool as fuck and is the best bounty hunter in the galaxy (we're told). I think a film could work if they just completely ignore anything that the prequels did with him.
    Exactly

• beastmaster 13 Sep 2017 18:48:27 17,253 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dunno who else they'll spin-off yet. They may well move to doing 2 films a year shortly. Especially if Han Solo actually delivers. Throw in a Bobba Fett film in there too.

The Last Jedi
    Han Solo: A Star Wars Story
    Episode 9
    One-Wan
    Episode 10 (maybe!)
    Han Solo 2 etc.

Someone over at Lucasfilm is probably well aware of KOTOR and they may well do it. Eventually.

They can do all new characters and situations. The new characters in The Force Awakens are excellent.

Pah! Just give us the new fucking trailer already. Don't want to wait till the next Thor film before it arrives.
  • thelzdking 13 Sep 2017 20:28:09 6,113 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The plot to the first KotOR is hackneyed rubbish. If they were to do a film based in the Old Republic era then I'd hope they'd do the second game, or something else.
  • Derblington 13 Sep 2017 22:08:26 29,043 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's not canon, iirc. If they were going to do something set in the era I imagine they'd largely work from scratch.
  • Jyzzy-Z 13 Sep 2017 22:42:23 2,024 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    2 films a year sounds absolutely horrific.

Does anyone actually want that?
  • beastmaster 13 Sep 2017 22:48:55 17,253 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Disney! It could happen. Rumoured that Han Solo is moving to Xmas 2018 now. Makes sense as Disney have Infinity War due out a week or two before it.
  • JamboWayOh 13 Sep 2017 23:21:10 1,707 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think Disney are savvy enough to realise that they don't want to cause brand fatigue by having two or even more films in a year. I think they know that star wars is an event film that's pretty special. Having more than one film a year would definitely lessen that impact.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 23:22:25 13-09-2017
  • thelzdking 14 Sep 2017 00:51:43 6,113 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They'd do well to leave it alone for a few years. after the Obi-Wan/anthology film. Obviously they won't because of fanboys' $€£$€£.
  • Page

of 17 First / Last

Next

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.