Wii U Page 237

  • Page

    of 1345 First / Last

  • Deleted user 17 November 2012 21:26:18
    Tekken Tag is 30 quid on amazon.
  • Raiko101 17 Nov 2012 21:29:10 6,055 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Play have the Olympic bundle for 103, brand new.

    Amazon have the same bundle for 89!

    Most bundles around are between 100 and 115 though, with the higher priced ones coming with at least two games.

    Edited by Raiko101 at 21:30:04 17-11-2012

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • Syrette 17 Nov 2012 21:32:53 43,061 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wait, higgins is still at it?

  • monkehhh 17 Nov 2012 21:36:31 3,267 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Higgins quote of the day

    Luckily for you some people have a sense of balance
    :)
  • Triggerhappytel 17 Nov 2012 21:37:20 2,667 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't think Skyward Sword sold disappointingly because it wasn't in HD. More likely folk are just a bit tired of the Zelda series, and there were bigger games out around the same time which were championed by the press more fiercely.
  • Raiko101 17 Nov 2012 21:38:59 6,055 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I still haven't played Skyward Sword, but that's because it is a Zelda game. I know it'll be great, but i've played a ton of them already so i'm not exactly leaping out of my pants for it!

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • Gambit1977 17 Nov 2012 21:40:37 9,583 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wish scribblenauts was available for pre order :(
  • andijames 17 Nov 2012 21:56:56 2,693 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    andijames wrote:
    higgins78 wrote:
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    Why wouldn't you cancel if a console's launch line ups bad?

    You can then get one later for cheaper once a lot of good games are out for the system. They're not an investment.
    Get one later for cheaper!? Erm, have you been living under a rock for a good many years? You are privy to Nintendo consoles and first party games barely ever decreasing in value right? You wont - even today - find a new Wii for much less than when originally launched.
    may your comment be bollocks

    That would be at least 70 quid cheaper from the most expensive retailer available. You can pick one up for 50 if you dig around.

    Edited by andijames at 21:13:02 17-11-2012
    I'm sorry, you just played yourself! Where in the hell are you looking as regards to that link you nonchalantly posted? I see a lot of Wii packages...pre-owned 70, new - most if not all out of stock. You I'm afraid have proved for me my own point, thanks.
    You've proved nothing. Of course they have no stock they're releasing a new console next week if you hadn't noticed? You said that the price of the hardware has hardly dropped? Where did you say it had to be in stock? The price clearly states its 70 quid less than retail when it was released. In black and white. Or do rose tinted glasses blur that out?

    And let's not even mention the 3DS hardware price drop.

    Don't get me wrong I actually love Nintendo hardware and software. Just when you're clearly talking out of a hole that was meant for other purposes I feel compelled to reply.

    vivir el momento

  • ResidentKnievel 17 Nov 2012 21:57:13 6,110 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Skyward Sword's a great game but it's hardly breaking new ground, can't you understand why people who've played lots of Zelda before would be a bit tired of it?

    The motion controls are a unique and an additive gameplay addition but the core game is typical Zelda.

    Edited by ResidentKnievel at 21:58:22 17-11-2012

    [code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

  • andijames 17 Nov 2012 21:58:22 2,693 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    andijames wrote:
    higgins78 wrote:
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    Why wouldn't you cancel if a console's launch line ups bad?

    You can then get one later for cheaper once a lot of good games are out for the system. They're not an investment.
    Get one later for cheaper!? Erm, have you been living under a rock for a good many years? You are privy to Nintendo consoles and first party games barely ever decreasing in value right? You wont - even today - find a new Wii for much less than when originally launched.
    may your comment be bollocks

    That would be at least 70 quid cheaper from the most expensive retailer available. You can pick one up for 50 if you dig around.

    Edited by andijames at 21:13:02 17-11-2012
    software though he is generally right. took agggggggeeeees for Super mario galaxy and hte like to drop. Skyward sword dropped though pretty quickly though. But even now NSMB is 30 quid.
    Totally agree the software is the best value to trade even years after the release. It holds its price because frankly they make superb games :)

    Edited by andijames at 22:01:34 17-11-2012

    vivir el momento

  • Pazie 17 Nov 2012 21:59:48 223 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    SimplyGames are still saying the 30th November for Pikmin 3, how true is this.
  • Raiko101 17 Nov 2012 22:05:56 6,055 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    Raiko101 wrote:
    I still haven't played Skyward Sword, but that's because it is a Zelda game. I know it'll be great, but i've played a ton of them already so i'm not exactly leaping out of my pants for it!
    You havent played a ton of Assassins Creeds, COD's, Elder Scrolls, Uncharted's, Gears of War's and Halo's recently have you by any chance? Give me a break! How could anybody who has played any of the games mentioned here and not say they are 99% identical to what preceded them? If you play Skyward Sword you would find - like the less narrow minded did - that it is Zelda in name/story alone...Motion Plus is a game changed in this regard!
    I don't like Uncharted, Gears of War or Halo. Haven't played Assassin's Creed 2 in over a year and i'm not in to Eldar Scrolls. I'm just saying having played and completed 8 Zelda games in my lifetime, I think the excitement wears off a little. I've at least played a little of Skyward Sword, and I loved the controls, but it wasn't enough to hype me up again. I'll get around to it eventually.

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • Baleoce 17 Nov 2012 22:06:08 1,185 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's also why you never part-ex a Mario title with GAME. They give you sod all and put it back up for practically full price.

    Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

  • Triggerhappytel 17 Nov 2012 22:15:13 2,667 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    Triggerhappytel wrote:
    I don't think Skyward Sword sold disappointingly because it wasn't in HD. More likely folk are just a bit tired of the Zelda series, and there were bigger games out around the same time which were championed by the press more fiercely.
    People tired of the Zelda series? Arguably the biggest shake-up of any major franchise - Wii Motion Plus 1:1 - and critically hailed as a masterpiece even by some really tough scoring publications, Edge Magazine springs to mind, and people were tired? Tell me which game released this gen offers a fresher experience from its roots than Skyward Sword PLEASE...
    I don't know, I don't own a Wii and haven't played SS. As for why it sold 'poorly', I couldn't offer a better explanation, but there must be a reason why it sold roughly half the number of its predecessor to a bigger install base. And I'm sure it's not some bullshit anti-HD conspiracy like you seem to believe.

    Pazie wrote:
    SimplyGames are still saying the 30th November for Pikmin 3, how true is this.
    Absolute bollocks. I'm pretty sure Ninty themselves have said it'll be next year now; I think folk are assuming February/March, provided it suffers no delays.
  • andijames 17 Nov 2012 22:20:40 2,693 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Wish scribblenauts was available for pre order :(
    Me too. Looks fantastic! I'm 50/50 over sonic racing you know. At 30 quid at shop to I'm seriously tempted as it looks huge fun.

    vivir el momento

  • Baleoce 17 Nov 2012 22:21:35 1,185 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Skyward Sword was kind of late in the Wii's life cycle. This is the only thing I can think of tbh for a drop in sales. It was extremely well supported with advertising (the whole Robin/Zelda Williams thing) and there was even more focus on the franchise because of the whole 25 year anniversary, and the reviews at the time certainly did it no harm.

    Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

  • Baleoce 17 Nov 2012 22:22:08 1,185 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Scribblenauts is looking more and more tempting every time I see gameplay of it.

    Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

  • DuvaDan88 17 Nov 2012 22:35:14 539 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Pazie its not true, having played it at the expo I would love for it to be true but its in the launch window not on the release date

    Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

  • Baleoce 17 Nov 2012 22:43:32 1,185 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    European Wii Shop to pull Donkey Kong Country titles

    Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

  • King_Edward 17 Nov 2012 22:50:55 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    Triggerhappytel wrote:
    I don't think Skyward Sword sold disappointingly because it wasn't in HD. More likely folk are just a bit tired of the Zelda series, and there were bigger games out around the same time which were championed by the press more fiercely.
    People tired of the Zelda series? Arguably the biggest shake-up of any major franchise - Wii Motion Plus 1:1 - and critically hailed as a masterpiece even by some really tough scoring publications, Edge Magazine springs to mind, and people were tired? Tell me which game released this gen offers a fresher experience from its roots than Skyward Sword PLEASE...

    As someone who didn't play Skyward Sword, what exactly did they shake up? Is it FFXII, RE4 levels of change, or did just finally stop sending you to the same temples looking for the same items?

    Ideally someone other than Higgins to answer please.
  • Armoured_Bear 17 Nov 2012 22:54:25 10,251 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    Skyward Sword's a great game but it's hardly breaking new ground, can't you understand why people who've played lots of Zelda before would be a bit tired of it?

    The motion controls are a unique and an additive gameplay addition but the core game is typical Zelda.
    The controls were good but nowhere near as flawless as reviews suggested.
    The actual game was a huge disappointment, fantastic dungeons, beautiful graphics, I really, really love the art style.
    However, the complete lack of exploration and maddening hand holding ruined it.
    It could/should have been better than WInd Waker, it sadly wasn't.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Kay 17 Nov 2012 22:58:12 17,760 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    higgins78 wrote:
    Triggerhappytel wrote:
    I don't think Skyward Sword sold disappointingly because it wasn't in HD. More likely folk are just a bit tired of the Zelda series, and there were bigger games out around the same time which were championed by the press more fiercely.
    People tired of the Zelda series? Arguably the biggest shake-up of any major franchise - Wii Motion Plus 1:1 - and critically hailed as a masterpiece even by some really tough scoring publications, Edge Magazine springs to mind, and people were tired? Tell me which game released this gen offers a fresher experience from its roots than Skyward Sword PLEASE...

    As someone who didn't play Skyward Sword, what exactly did they shake up? Is it FFXII, RE4 levels of change, or did just finally stop sending you to the same temples looking for the same items?

    Ideally someone other than Higgins to answer please.
    Aside from the motion controls, there was no proper overworld to speak of. You had the sky area, which was dotted with tiny islands (including the village hub area), where all the sidequests and exploration took place. The ground areas were heavily puzzle-focused, with very few NPCs around, essentially making them dungeon-type areas before you even got to a temple. It gave it a Metroid-type feel.

    The core of the gameplay is still the same though - you still go through temples, find items (some of which were new and inventive), defeat bosses. It's just the structure around it had changed. It also had quite a bit of padding in there - some of it inventive, some just lazy.

    So, it had its flaws, and its critics (who either didn't like the controls, and/or didn't like the lack of a proper overworld and exploration), but I still loved it, and thought it a worthy entry in the series.
  • Gambit1977 17 Nov 2012 22:58:32 9,583 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    andijames wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Wish scribblenauts was available for pre order :(
    Me too. Looks fantastic! I'm 50/50 over sonic racing you know. At 30 quid at shop to I'm seriously tempted as it looks huge fun.
    Annoyingly it's out tomorrow in the US :( damned regional languages!!
    Me too on sonic! I've just ordered Skyward Sword too!
  • Page

    of 1345 First / Last

Log in or register to reply