Wii U Page 533

• Page

of 1347 First / Last

• captainrentboy 6 Mar 2013 17:59:55 963 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    In terms of publicity. I was waslking past Game in the Trafford Centre last night. It had a rather large placard with

"Playstation PHWWOOAARR!"

Didn't see anything like that for the Wii U.
    There was for a bit, problem was no-one gave a shit :/ There's only so long you can give advertising space to something that's attracting very little interest.
    The PS4, and what very little we know about it, has already got more deposits and interest in my store than the Wii U ever managed.
  • Sid-Nice 6 Mar 2013 18:55:15 15,852 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    My nephew got one yesterday and he's been continuously bitching about how slow it all is, and how much of a prat Nintendoland makes him feel (I don't understand this, something about waving the tablet around).

Also seemed to be getting this message "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped" all the time.
    I think your nephew is trying to operate a Wii with an Android device.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Psychotext 6 Mar 2013 18:58:19 53,849 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jellyhead wrote:
    Some games use the gamepad as a viewer though, the Zelda and i think the Metroid game do.
    In the main hub i just use the left stick to move and right stick for the camera rather than holding it up and looking around. That might be the area that most annoys him.
    Yeah, I think it was the looking around.
  • Sid-Nice 6 Mar 2013 18:59:37 15,852 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I’ve just ordered Darksiders II from Zavvi for £14.98.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Deckard1 6 Mar 2013 19:01:18 27,220 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Be a little ironic playing as the grim reaper on the Wii U.
  • scoobysi 6 Mar 2013 20:36:31 882 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    captainrentboy wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:
    In terms of publicity. I was waslking past Game in the Trafford Centre last night. It had a rather large placard with

There was for a bit, problem was no-one gave a shit :/ There's only so long you can give advertising space to something that's attracting very little interest.
    The PS4, and what very little we know about it, has already got more deposits and interest in my store than the Wii U ever managed.
    What I don't understand is ignoring what Nintendo, Sony or MS do in terms of advertising/promotion why don't stores do more on their own to stimulate interest. Back in the day the old independent stores would have a console plugged in that you could try any game on, not just a demo. Let people have a decent go on Nintendoland and I guarantee you'll get a few sales.

If it was my store I'd be working my butt off to explain to people what the Wii U is and why it's such a great wee console :)
  • jellyhead 6 Mar 2013 20:47:13 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    jellyhead wrote:
    Some games use the gamepad as a viewer though, the Zelda and i think the Metroid game do.
    In the main hub i just use the left stick to move and right stick for the camera rather than holding it up and looking around. That might be the area that most annoys him.
    Yeah, I think it was the looking around.
    Actually, unless i'm running around looking for new packages to open after playing the mini-pachinko game i choose the game to play from the 'menu' button, 'Y' i think. It arranges all the attractions as cards grouped by number of players. Much easier than running around looking for the doorway to a game.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• darrenb 6 Mar 2013 20:48:43 676 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Weird one.. Has anyone had their Netflix app stop working since the system update today.. It worked earlier before the update, I went out and came back in. Did the requested update and now Netflix won't connect...
  • Deleted user 6 March 2013 21:15:10
    The tilting in Zelda is far better for fine tuning your aim than looking around.

Takes a while but it does become instinctive eventually.
  • Sid-Nice 6 Mar 2013 22:03:12 15,852 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Be a little ironic playing as the grim reaper on the Wii U.
    It will be a refreshing change playing as the "Grim Reaper" when the Wii U thread is full of little devil's playing "Devil's Advocate."

NNID Sid-Nice

• neilka 6 Mar 2013 23:25:01 15,668 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If only higgins and jellyhead had got together they could have made a jellybeanhead.
  • Sid-Nice 6 Mar 2013 23:27:27 15,852 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    If only higgins and jellyhead had got together they could have made a jellybeanhead.
    Stop bean a smartie.

NNID Sid-Nice

• specialgamer 7 Mar 2013 09:54:04 117 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @darrenb Had the same Netflix problem. It just sits there for ages trying to connect then fails. Has been like this for weeks. Works fine on my PS3, Mac and PC and even Wii.
  • ashmit 7 Mar 2013 11:16:40 9 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    To fix the Netflix problem, try this - Go into data management (system settings) and delete Netflix shared save data. This deletes your Netflix login details from the Wii U. Now load Netflix, sign in and it should connect again.
  • Sid-Nice 7 Mar 2013 11:30:57 15,852 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    captainrentboy wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:

To create an interest in something “You have to advertise.” I also think when you launch a new product (console) it is far easier for the public to understand “This is a new console” when the console name stipulates the obvious. Wii 2 would have been a more suitable name; with the 2 defining the fact that “This is a new console” an upgrade from the previous build.

What Nintendo have created with the name Wii U is confusion “WTF is Wii U” the public ask. When the Wii U was first revealed even the gaming press assumed the Wii U was just a tablet without the need of a console. Yet Sony can demonstrate the PS4 console only using the Dual Shock 4 controller tethered to a PC emulating the new console and everybody understands “This is the new PlayStation.”

The PS4 reveal was out of fear that Microsoft would be first out of the traps again in the next generation of “Console Wars.” Sony only has 6 months to begin production of the PS4 to meet the promised “Holiday 2013” launch; as of now there isn’t even a prototype console. If I were you I would invest the PS4 deposits wisely; as you will be holding onto them for well over 12 months.

I think Sony will struggle to honour the Holiday 2013 launch promise in Japan never mind in the West; even if the console does launch in Japan and the US before the end of the year stock will be limited. The European PS4 launch will be held back until Easter 2014; by then interest may have shifted to the new Microsoft console.

NNID Sid-Nice

• javvyman 7 Mar 2013 11:55:21 707 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Sid-Nice I agree with every point.

The Wii U was a stupid name choice, confused even me at that reveal, though I think Wii 2 would've been as equally terrible albeit, easier to identify it as a newer Wii to the average joe.

The PS4 is no doubt going to be delayed or rushed to market, as if at this point they don't even have a working prototype, they will struggle to manufacture enough units for more than one territory without severe constraints to the supply chain.
    I have a feeling MS are perhaps more ready for the NG than Sony irregardless of Sony trumping them with an actual announcement.
  • Sid-Nice 7 Mar 2013 12:23:30 15,852 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nintendo Entertainment System 5 (NES5) would have been my choice of name for the Wii U. The PS4 reveal was a statement to Microsoft from Sony claiming "We are ready."

Edit: Sorry NES6 as I forgot about the Wii (due to the confusion between the Wii and Wii U) if they wanted to use the letter U they could have called the system UNES, although many posters in the thread would have named the console Useless or Eunuch.

Edited by Sid-Nice at 13:57:20 07-03-2013

NNID Sid-Nice

• darrenb 7 Mar 2013 13:36:19 676 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ashmit wrote:
    To fix the Netflix problem, try this - Go into data management (system settings) and delete Netflix shared save data. This deletes your Netflix login details from the Wii U. Now load Netflix, sign in and it should connect again.
    Cheers, I'll try that later :-) :-)
  • Psychotext 7 Mar 2013 13:45:00 53,849 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    I think your nephew is trying to operate a Wii with an Android device.
    Yeah, I was having two different conversations and got my error messages mixed up.
  • javvyman 7 Mar 2013 14:17:43 707 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Sid-Nice It was a statement alright, but that is all.
    No indication of anything other than it's a work in progress. MS could've done the same quite easily I think, but Sony clearly wanted to catch them cold when they made the announcement last month instead of at E3 as expected.
    One thing Sony have done, whether it is for better or worse, is put themselves at the forefront of consumer awareness and put the onus firmly on MS to impress. Also, they've laid down a very good spec that is unlikely to be bettered by MS.
  • Sid-Nice 7 Mar 2013 23:43:00 15,852 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    We should discuss the PS4 more often in this thread as it seems to have put a stop to the Wii U trolling.

NNID Sid-Nice

• neilka 8 Mar 2013 00:57:02 15,668 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Some Wii U games would also put a stop to the Wii U trolling.
  • javvyman 8 Mar 2013 11:54:09 707 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Sid-Nice They'll always find a way...
  • nickthegun 8 Mar 2013 11:58:24 58,851 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It may also have something to do with the fact that higgins has been banned and ecosse isnt posting very much.

The fact that you bring it up shows you what i have always suspected: you love it, really.

Edited by nickthegun at 11:59:13 08-03-2013

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• THFourteen 8 Mar 2013 12:00:51 32,872 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Feeling a bit down today, surely this thread will cheer me up.
  • neilka 8 Mar 2013 12:16:29 15,668 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    /hides THFourteen's belt
  • Bremenacht 8 Mar 2013 12:18:53 17,613 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    /pins 'I aM teH hiGins' note on THF's back.
  • creepylizard 8 Mar 2013 12:19:12 786 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @THFourteen
    Meaning, it could be worse, you could have bought a Wii U?
  • Luckyjim 8 Mar 2013 12:39:44 2,872 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    /hides THFourteen's belt
    Auto-erotic asphyxiation is not the answer.

What was Higgins banned for? Missed that.
  • Deckard1 8 Mar 2013 12:51:37 27,220 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He had a bean for a head. It's just no way to behave.
  • Page

of 1347 First / Last