of 98 First / Last

• EddieBear 16 Apr 2011 17:21:20 560 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Livetext_beta_tester wrote:
    Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 1 to 7
    10/10
    Fantastic television.

Agree. It's preeetttaaay preeetttaaaay good.

• Lexx87 16 Apr 2011 19:06:08 20,863 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The ending to the restaurant opening is the best scene of any show ever.

Speak the truth hussy!

• boo 18 Apr 2011 10:06:19 11,899 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm a bit late to the party on these, but what the heck.

Chuck Series 1
    Great. Absolutely loved it, and not just because Sarah Lancaster's utterly gorgeous. Decent mix of comedy and action, and sufficiently mixed up to prevent it becoming 'Baddie's in town. Chuck spots something. Sarah and Casey kill people. Chuck helps out. There's a bit of comedy. The End.' every week.

The Big Bang Theory Series 1

No idea how I missed this, but ploughing through the first three series as we speak. It's a long time since I've seen something that was as consistently laugh-out-loud funny as this.

Gilmore Girls Series 1
    What? I like it, ok?

Just Another Lego Blog

• figgis 18 Apr 2011 10:10:26 7,382 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lexx87 wrote:
    The ending to the restaurant opening is the best scene of any show ever.

I didn't even need to see the first page to know what you are on about and agree with you.

• glaeken 18 Apr 2011 10:13:38 11,243 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Empire Boardwalk - 9/10 - Loved it. Great characters and a fantastic reproduction of the period. I only don't give it a 10/10 because in my universe nothing is perfect.
  • Tonka 25 Apr 2011 19:02:57 21,192 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wow, how could I have forgotten about the X-Files. It will be brilliant watching it with my wife who has never seen any of it.

Is there any HD versions of it or is it too old for that?

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Deleted user 25 April 2011 19:05:32
    Too old for HD, was all filmed on normal TV stock. The early seasons were still filmed in 4:3, let alone HD.
  • Deleted user 25 April 2011 19:10:51
    Damn, I was going to wait for the bluray collection.

I'll have a look at the normal ones now. Shouldn't be too expensive should it?
  • RabidChild 25 Apr 2011 19:13:12 2,293 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mad Men season 4 - 10/10

It continues to be brilliant.

Big Bang Theory seasons 1-3 - 6/10

I like it, but it's not really very funny.
  • northside 27 Apr 2011 10:56:09 637 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fringe, Season 1 - 7/10. Bit late to this one, I originally started watching when it first aired but gave up after 3 episodes. Hearing that it's based around parallel universes intrigued me so decided to give it another go.

The first few episodes are terrible, but after that it does improve somewhat in that for every bad episode there is also a good one. It does wear a bit thin that every episode seems to follow the same format:

* Wierd event in pre-credits sequence (usually the best part of the episode)
    * Team is called in and flails around for a bit
    * Deus ex Machina-man remembers something he worked on in the 70's
    * Team acquires special equipment from The Company or communicates with the dead and solves problem
    * Small plot-twist / revelation to set up next weeks show

Despite everything that's wrong with it, I still burned through the season in quick-time and have started watching the second, so it's obviously doing something right (just not sure what!)
  • Deleted user 30 April 2011 17:48:15
    Sons of Anarchy- Season 2

Absolutely amazing, perfect imo and an unbelievable final episode. Looks great in bluray as well

I can't wait for season 3, shame it's not released untill October.

Its a shame halfsack died, he was one of my favourite characters.
  • ElNuevo9 30 Apr 2011 17:55:29 13,552 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rescue Me - Season 5 - 9/10.

Still as funny, touching and poignant as ever.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• TechnoHippy 30 Apr 2011 18:17:50 14,719 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Poltergeist The Legacy

Not great, but entertaining enough. I quite like supernatural stories, so this was good fun.

7/10

Spartacus Gods of the Arena

Fucking awesome in every respect.

10/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• RMXtreme 30 Apr 2011 19:00:50 3,145 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Deadwood Complete Series

Richardson: Uh-oh. (long pause.)
    EB: Why say “uh-oh”? If you don’t mean to go on to explain yourself, why say anything at all?! Do you only feign stupidity while in fact plotting ways to madden me?!
    Richardson: No.
    EB: Why did you say it? Why did you say “Uh-oh”?!
    Richardson: It’s the Sheriff that beat you. (E.B. pants, holding his jaw, laying back.) Now comes Mr. Hearst.

Amazing

10/10
  • Tonka 5 May 2011 09:18:42 21,192 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:

Absolutely amazing, perfect imo and an unbelievable final episode. Looks great in bluray as well

I really hated the final episode. I thought they jumped the shark with that one. (Or maybe that is what you meant by unbelievable ;) )

iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:

Agreed a million times over.

• Tonka 5 May 2011 09:19:27 21,192 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Deadwood S01
    I remember seeing two episodes of this when it first aired here in Sweden. Can't remember why I stopped watching it. I liked it the and I really enjoyed it now.

Acting, shooting, scenery, story. It's all triple A. But it's also a weird one. It coils around like a snake. Starts out all lawless frontier and then abandons that and becomes something else. Some character have no meaning to them what so ever (or maybe more will be revealed in later series)

There were also two episodes that didn't sit well with me. Rather dark and unpleasant. I think they were there to establish some characters but they went a bit to far off the rather chummy atmosphere of the beginning of the show.

But it changes path again and it ended with me really looking forward to the next series.

A must see

• Fletche 5 May 2011 09:30:09 3,418 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Spartacus Gods of the Arena

10/10 Excellent from start to finish

• glaeken 5 May 2011 09:35:55 11,243 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think the point of Deadwood S01 is you see the start of a town. It goes from tents to an actual town and all that entails in the way of social change as well. S01 was definitely my favourite series of Deadwood though they are all good the later series don’t really have as nice a story arc.

Spartacus Gods of the Arena - 10/10 - Brilliant stuff. As good as the first series I thought and in fact I cannot think of anything about it I did not think was really well done.

Six feet under S01 - 9/10 - Really enjoyed this. It's really well acted and the stories are actually great considering the set up of the show could have become formulaic. It's been really good that Sky Atlantic have started to show some of these older programs that I missed from the beginning. The first series of the Soprano’s also comes to an end this week and I have also been really enjoying that so far.
  • Deleted user 5 May 2011 09:37:58
    Tonka wrote:
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:

I really hated the final episode. I thought they jumped the shark with that one. (Or maybe that is what you meant by unbelievable ;) )

iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:

Agreed a million times over.
    The final episode was great, sets up season 3 nicely imo. Bit crazy but great none the less.

I read halfsack wasn't planned on being killed, but he had some creative differences about the direction his character was going so wanted to leave.

I finished Being Human S3 yesterday and I'd give it 9/10. Probably the best season for me and I'm looking forward to the next one.

I still think they should have ended it by George killing Mitchell and left it at that and didn't make any more seasons. I'm still looking forward to the next one anyway.
  • Blakester 5 May 2011 09:56:09 3,655 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Weeds S6

Since discovering Weeds earlier this year, we've charged through every season and last night watched the final episode of season 6.

Season 6 is basically a road-trip with the Botwins and Doug on the run and living 'off the grid'.

I think after 5 seasons, we have enough invested in the characters to go along with virtually anything that happens, but viewed in isolation there's no doubt it's a very weak season that has plainly run out of good ideas. It's seems that focusing on fewer key characters has actually hurt the show rather than enhancing it.

I think the biggest disappointment is the direction they've taken both Nancy and Doug. Nancy has transformed into what I can only describe as an unhinged slut, so gone is the innocent charm of the mother doing whatever it takes displayed in the early seasons.

Doug (one of my all-time favourite TV characters) is reduced to the role of bumbling idiot - something that Andy was quite capable of performing on his own.

It's a shame as the first three seasons are absolute gold, but shows like this always struggle to maintain the quality while exploring new angles.

Oh, and they MUST bring back the Little Boxes theme tune.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• RubyRed 5 May 2011 10:15:08 4,303 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mad Men (Entire series) - 10/10

I love the characters (you can't help but like Don despite him being an arse at times), and despite it being quite a slow-paced show, it holds a few surprises. Loved it.

Watching series 2 of the new V at the mo, but it's not really filling the void between finishing Mad Men and waiting for the next series of True Blood to arrive. Need something I can really get my teeth into!
  • RMXtreme 5 May 2011 11:55:13 3,145 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Might I suggest the Vampire Diaries; it's no Mad Men, but then what is. It's fun to watch and it's more enjoyable then True Blood; the first five or so episodes are a bit poor though. Link, contains season 2 spoilers
  • Deleted user 5 May 2011 11:57:02
    True Blood> Vampire Diaries.

By a lllllllllllllllllooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggg way.
  • richarddavies 5 May 2011 12:16:53 2,851 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I finished watching Twin peaks last night. I've not watched it in over 10 years easily, since I was a kid anyway. I didn't think it was as good as I hoped it would to be honest. The first season was pretty top but it really loses it's way in the second. I found it hard to even watch towards the end. It was just a bit shit. I read up on the show though after I watched it and apparently the guys that made it were apparently unhappy aswell as they were told to wrap up teh Laura Palmer story when they didn't want to and make other changes which cocked it up.

Shit's still shit though
  • RubyRed 5 May 2011 12:28:34 4,303 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    RMXtreme wrote:
    Might I suggest the Vampire Diaries; it's no Mad Men, but then what is. It's fun to watch and it's more enjoyable then True Blood; the first five or so episodes are a bit poor though. Link, contains season 2 spoilers

I'm not sure, I'm a True Blood fanatic and won't hear anything bad said about it ;). It doesn't have to be a vampire-related show to keep me going, just as long as it's something that I can get completely absorbed into.

Does anyone know if Eastbound & Down is any good? Quite like the look of it but haven't heard any real opinions about it.
  • richarddavies 5 May 2011 12:33:55 2,851 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've not seen the second series but the first one of Eastbound and down is funny as hell. The first episode in particular is the funniest opener of a show i've peobably ever seen.
  • cianchristopher 5 May 2011 12:39:45 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Eastbound and Down is hilarious - utterly hilarious (and I'm not even that big a fan of Danny McBride).

I've only seen the first series, but it's well worth it.

Last series I watched was Breaking Bad Season 3. I'd give it a 9/10 (it's amazingly good and very addictive, but feels like the show went in a different, less realistic, slightly more fantastical and cartoonish direction compared to the flawless Season 1).
  • RMXtreme 5 May 2011 12:44:16 3,145 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    True Blood> Vampire Diaries.

By a lllllllllllllllllooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggg way.

Have you seen the show?
  • TakeTheVeil 5 May 2011 12:56:17 5,058 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    boo wrote:

Gilmore Girls Series 1
    What? I like it, ok?

So do I, Boo! So do I!

Whats wrong with us?
  • AceGrace 5 May 2011 13:19:59 1,256 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Miami Vice.

Excellent. Just excellent.

www.performathon.co.uk

The easy way to find local, live musicians and entertainment.

• Page

of 98 First / Last