Hitman: Absolution Page 21

• Page

of 43 First / Last

• SlackMaster 19 Nov 2012 09:18:43 3,134 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @ZizouFC You get a tutorial level, but any help is turned off on higher difficulties even on the prologue level. After the first level even on normal it doesn't do any hand holding after that. You can use instinct to point out enemies and things of interest but the use of this is entirely optional.

Edited by SlackMaster at 10:26:49 19-11-2012
  • Ziz0u 19 Nov 2012 09:21:43 8,648 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @SlackMaster

Oh ok. That sounds reasonable. I think I will start with normal so that I can have another play through on hard.

Is "Purist Mode" the highest difficulty?
  • bad09 19 Nov 2012 09:22:20 6,256 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    For anyone playing on the PC (specifically through Steam), does this launch with that shitty, shitty UPlay platform?
    Uplay is an Ubisoft DRM. As far as I know (won't know 100% for sure myself until it arrives later this week) Absolution is Steamworks DRM so all copies will lock to Steam.
  • Rusty_M 19 Nov 2012 09:45:53 4,952 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pretty sure it's just steamworks. I will confirm once Green Man Gaming send me my code.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.
    http://www.twitch.tv/rusty_the_robot
    http://twitter.com/Rusty_The_Robot

• SlackMaster 19 Nov 2012 10:25:45 3,134 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @ZizouFC Nah, there are 4 difficulty levels, with the one above professional (the purist mode I guess) being exceptionally brutal.
  • Ziz0u 19 Nov 2012 10:34:07 8,648 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
  • Ziz0u 19 Nov 2012 10:34:12 8,648 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So is this level as bad as the video posted earlier suggests?

Edited by ZizouFC at 10:53:45 19-11-2012

Edited by ZizouFC at 10:54:30 19-11-2012
  • maxb 19 Nov 2012 12:21:41 165 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Forgot i had this pre ordered until yesterday and it dropped through the letter box this morning so now i ve just got to find time to play it.
  • spamdangled 19 Nov 2012 14:40:14 27,485 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Is the "hand-holding" stuff off by default on the harder difficulties?

I'm thinking I'll go straight into the hardest difficulty, or has enough changed since Blood Money for that to not be advisable?
    The hardest difficulty disables the entire hud... Not recommended reslly unless you know the levels backwards.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Benno 19 Nov 2012 16:22:41 10,268 posts
    Seen 21 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is there some difficulty mode where it gets rid of that stupid wall hack vision but still retain some sort of HUD?
  • StarchildHypocrethes 19 Nov 2012 16:55:39 26,632 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Unfortunately due to the way the game and levels are designed in places, the disguise mechanic is almost pointless at higher difficulties with it's psychic guards/police officers, which would make a purist run an absolute nightmare.
  • Mark1412 19 Nov 2012 17:14:55 596 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah it is, but they're fucking regular Sherlock Holmes' the lot of them until you put your hand over your face.

• Rodriguez 19 Nov 2012 17:15:32 1,119 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Is the "hand-holding" stuff off by default on the harder difficulties?

I'm thinking I'll go straight into the hardest difficulty, or has enough changed since Blood Money for that to not be advisable?
    The hardest difficulty disables the entire hud... Not recommended reslly unless you know the levels backwards.

Heh! I'm playing on Purist difficulty for the main game and it's certainly damn tough in places, though I do enjoy scoping out levels for myself, watching guard patterns - there's lots of them in this so far - making mistakes along the way and then re-trying in order to get that bit further the next time. It's fair to say that I had to learn the new systems they've got for this Hitman by trial and error! You only get Instinct mode to cover yourself whilst in disguise on Purist and it runs out very quickly leading to some incredibly tense scenarios, you really have to pick your moments to utilise it!

Whilst I'm enjoying the game quite a bit on it's own merits, I'm also acutely aware that it's at times quite different from previous games in the series and not what I was entirely expecting a new Hitman game to be like. Much more time playing hide and seek and worrying about 47's welfare over 'sections' of an overall 'level', rather than the previous self contained levels where you're inconspicuous, scoping out a wide area whilst plotting an assassination/s.

The 'prologue' level and early Chinatown level were at least very much 'Hitman' in style, but not so much after that from what I've played. I'm currently at the part where I managed to somehow[!] make it out of the train station as the conclusion to the Terminus hotel mission. Fuck that was hard! Looking forward to see what's coming next.

Contracts mode is like a separate game altogether, much more like classic Hitman but with the added twist of having to cover strict criteria for the hit/s and then getting out to the designated exit ASAP in order to get the highest score possible! I managed to get into the top ten in both the National and Global rankings on one of IO's own 'contract' missions yesterday - was more than a bit chuffed for as long as that may last :p!

@dark - Cheers for sending me your 'Nice & easy' challenge in Contracts mode. It was indeed both easy and very funny, had a bit of a surprise when I walked through that door and saw who you'd picked for assassination - was tempted to stroll 47 round the market for some shopping it was over so quickly :lol: I created a slightly more tricky 'Expert' level hit in that Chinatown level, with some fairly difficult mission criteria to fulfill to do it properly!
  • spamdangled 19 Nov 2012 17:44:05 27,485 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah ive tried your challenge, fucked if I can work out how to do it, though in the last five minutes Im thinking of poisoning the sushi to see if that works.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• repairmanjack 19 Nov 2012 17:55:17 6,082 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Happy to report that I offed the wrestler without setting foot in the ring. In fact I earned my first Silent Assassin rank taking him out.

There are a lot of ways to take care of objectives, it seems.
  • Ziz0u 19 Nov 2012 17:56:47 8,648 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Seeing through the walls is just replacing the all-seeing-mini-map from Blood Money.

So on higher difficulties you are spotted through your disguise if the spotter is wearing the same thing? Are you caught out or does the suspicion bar just raise a bit? Does putting your hand over your stop this from happening completely?

I'm thinking I'll start on Professional and then attemp purist.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 19 Nov 2012 18:13:36 26,632 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The disguise will be spotted by people of the same group whatever level you're on in the Professional settings and I think on the Entry settings too. It just happens faster on the higher levels.

The main issue is that they will spot you even when you're 30 yards away on the other side of a massive room, which makes scoping out a lot of the levels far too annoying. Covering your face works, but the meter runs out very quickly and doesn't automatically recharge on the higher levels. This means you end up having to sneak everywhere in the majority of levels, which is more like Splinter Cell than Hitman, particularly when you don't even seem to end up whacking anyone at the end a lot of the time.
  • smoothpete 19 Nov 2012 18:16:16 31,839 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Stupid decision to move away from the old hiding in plain sight thing. That was what made the old games so enjoyable. Slowly slowly catchee monkey.
  • Ziz0u 19 Nov 2012 18:18:56 8,648 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That is seriously disappointing. :(
  • smoothpete 19 Nov 2012 18:22:24 31,839 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh you know what, fuck this game. Fuck it's face off. Ruined one of my favourite franchises. Stupid cunts.
  • Derblington 19 Nov 2012 18:52:40 22,306 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pete, you were my barometer. I'll pass now.
  • waggy79 19 Nov 2012 18:54:40 1,101 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well that's a bit of a downer. Got it preloaded for tonight too.
  • Rodriguez 19 Nov 2012 18:57:19 1,119 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Yeah ive tried your challenge, fucked if I can work out how to do it, though in the last five minutes Im thinking of poisoning the sushi to see if that works.
    There's a clue in the mission title ;)... watch his patterns as he walks round the level, it'll click when you see he's vulnerable and it ticks all the mission criteria for bumping him off. You'll then see how very tricky it is to off him even when you know where to get him.
  • spamdangled 19 Nov 2012 19:06:00 27,485 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If youre talking about dropping him down the manhole I tried that, but couldnt get the guard to piss off.

• Syrette 19 Nov 2012 19:08:54 44,336 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Still worried about the checkpointing.

• SlimSpudly87 19 Nov 2012 19:37:57 72 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Does anyone know how much Game are doing this I store for tomorrow ? HMV are doing it for 32.99
  • Page

of 43 First / Last