The new beta:

1. Makes the game look -good-.
    2. Runs better on all hardware.
    3. The physics are fun but still wonky.
    4. E-100 landed on my IS-7. D :
  • DanB24 22 Aug 2012 20:43:41 1,888 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Speaking as an E-100 driver that's probably the only way he could hurt you lol.
  • Zaiz 22 Aug 2012 21:34:31 370 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Naw, IS-7's lower front plate is actually very penetrable, you just have to aim for the top of the lower glacis. If you are engaging at long distance, just use HE because the IS-7 can't hit your lower glacis reliably.
  • Dr_Mech 24 Aug 2012 01:55:06 1,020 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Looking forward to the fact that light tanks can nolonger pin heavy tanks by pushing against their sides...although I've done that quite a few times as a medium, pinning them down so their ass is facing the rest of the team...so swing and roundabouts.
  • DanB24 26 Aug 2012 13:29:57 1,888 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sometime I really am tempted to just install this game after being on some of the teams I was on just now.
    The level of stupidity is just staggering.
  • Tabasco 26 Aug 2012 14:52:37 5,780 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pro tip -

Don't play at the weekend...
  • DanB24 26 Aug 2012 14:56:17 1,888 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That is a very good idea.
  • Zaiz 27 Aug 2012 00:39:54 370 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Don't play after 2x reset either. Worst time to play. If you can manage it, try to play during school hours.

My T95 has a 44% survival rate. Bwahahaha. My gosh, I love the uberturtle.
  • dsmx 7 Sep 2012 17:32:06 7,589 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well I knew it was inevitable the pz4 is getting fucked over, it's losing the top turret and gun and that version of the tank is being turned into a tier 6 premium.

So now the pz4 is going to a slow tank, with crap armor and a crap gun. Why do they keep fucking over german tanks?

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• RobAnybody 24 Sep 2012 15:43:50 890 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So what is the general consensus on the 8.0 test (now up to test 4)? Overall I like it a lot, my only bugbear is the new sound f/x, which are sodding awful. It seems that I'm not alone with this opinion, as the vast majority on the forums hate them too. Various mumblings on the grapevine indicate that they MAY be ditched in favour of the 7.5 sounds when 8.0 is fully released. We can but hope.
  • Tabasco 24 Sep 2012 21:11:45 5,780 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    8.0 is shaping up to be the biggest change to the game since launch. Looks far better on less powerful kit, and everyone will need to relearn all the maps with regards to the physics...

Really really looking forward to it! Especially as the Brits come in the patch after \o/

Sound wise, I actually really like SOME of them. Most do sound a bit shit though, engine noises are STILL crap and the scraping sound when two tanks are touching is incredibly annoying.
  • RobAnybody 25 Sep 2012 13:17:50 890 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Agreed re your sound f/x criticisms - my pet hate is the sound of the tracks, which are far too clanky. The engine noise is feeble too.

I love the physics though, they really add a lot to the game.

Graphics are great, but they need to work on the brightness levels in some maps (it's far too bright) - you can of course adjust the game settings for gamma, but then the minimap is a bit too dark.

Edited by RobAnybody at 13:18:14 25-09-2012
  • dsmx 27 Sep 2012 17:41:11 7,589 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well version 8.0 has gone up for download and the pz4 sniping version is dead. Glad that the new version has gone up becuase of the performance and physics improvements but saddened by the loss of a unique tier 5 tank that was a very good credit earner.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• DanB24 27 Sep 2012 18:27:58 1,888 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    On my first afternoon's impressions I'd say I like 8.0 so far. :)
    Had some fun leaping off of a training match cliff in my T-15 on Mines and going down about 5 hit points in one go lol.
    Also I love the huge noise the big gun on my E-100 and all the big big guns make now. :)
  • RobAnybody 30 Sep 2012 18:54:26 890 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Massive login problems today (worldwide) - sometimes you get in, more often than not you don't.

Bah. :(
  • DanB24 30 Sep 2012 19:10:32 1,888 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Going down to 5 hit points I meant :)
  • dsmx 30 Sep 2012 20:13:29 7,589 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I might actually go back to having an artillery piece in the garage, the boom their guns make is fantastic.

• RobAnybody 1 Oct 2012 09:08:39 890 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    True enough. Some of the TDs are pretty damn loud as well. :)
  • dsmx 1 Oct 2012 12:49:47 7,589 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Some of them are but only at the higher tiers, artillery is loud at tier 4 and 5. Always puzzles me that in games, guns are fucking loud why do games almost never make them loud even when you put the sound effects up to full?

Edited by dsmx at 12:50:44 01-10-2012

• RobAnybody 3 Oct 2012 09:34:23 890 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Perhaps to avoid blowing out the eardrums of those using headphones? ;)
  • Dr_Mech 6 Oct 2012 10:20:12 1,020 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The BL-10 sounds like this booming death cannon when fired and I wuvs it, makes me almost begin cackling every time I fire it.

Been going down the Russian Medium and TD line, personally don't see much point to advance beyond tier 8 for the TDs (since you already have a gun comparable to the Tier 10 at Tier 8 with a vastly lower repair cost) and tier 9 for the Meds (currently in the T-44 and again, the tier 10 ones get more pen but the repair and ammo cost is ridiculous at that tier, compared to tier 9).
  • dsmx 6 Oct 2012 19:43:07 7,589 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm going to have to figure out which tank to lose shortly, british tanks are coming and being british I can't not have at least one in garage.

So someone is going to have to go panther, stug, tiger p (shortly to be traded in for a normal tiger), m5 coming up on m7, m4 coming up to chosing between the next 2 shermans, t40 and the t34-85. I'm thinking the m5 is going to have to go.

Got an ELC although that was a free one, so getting rid of that won't get me a garage slot and a tetrarch which was a free premium.

• RobAnybody 8 Oct 2012 09:26:35 890 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm currently grinding through the American and German tanks - on the American side I have an M2 Medium (with 75mm Howitzer, which I love), and on the German side a Pz IV (still upgrading that, slowly ....... ).
  • dsmx 9 Oct 2012 19:42:08 7,589 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well I decided to take a leap and get the 32 sherman and the upgraded turret is a bit weird in so far as it takes a savage hit to the amount of armour it has. Aside from the top tier gun and the slightly larger view range is it worth taking the massive knock in armour protection to have it?

• Tabasco 9 Oct 2012 20:28:11 5,780 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    dsmx - pretty sure that you still get a garage slot if you decide to sell your ELC.
  • DanB24 9 Oct 2012 20:37:21 1,888 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's exactly right Tabasco.

Did you mean the Sherman Jumbo dsmx?
  • Dr_Mech 9 Oct 2012 21:24:42 1,020 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    With the Sherman Jumbo I was constantly flipflopping between the normal turret and the 105 derp and the upgraded turret with the M1A2.

Unfortunately both are good in different situations. Top tier? The 105 destroys anything tier 4 and 5 and is still good at tier 6. Bottom Tier? The M1A2 is obviously more useful and it has that insane rate of fire to really put the hurt on things.

Personally if you prefer the turret not being a weakspot I'd say stick with the normal turret and the 105 derp, even against tier 8s that thing can still put out the hurt if you catch them from the sides or rear (especially Russian IS line with their god awful armour on those facings) and still deals heavy damage to all the mediums except the Type-59/T-44 from the front.

Oh fun fact, Type-59s lack the pen to take you on from the front unless they aim at weakspots, other mediums might not have as much trouble unless they're running without the guns that have around 200 pen at that tier.

I personally really enjoyed the Sherman Jumbo, thought it was a fine little tank, in own tier or lower games that frontal armour (and with the stock turret) the thing is a fortress from the front, even most heavy tanks will lack the pen to take you on.

Tier 6 medium with comparable armour to at Tier 7 heavy, it is all kinds of fun.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 21:27:52 09-10-2012
  • dsmx 9 Oct 2012 23:34:28 7,589 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jumbo Sherman is a weird one armor of a heavy, classed as a medium but I've mainly picked it because it leads down to the t20 and the m6, easy 8 only goes to the t20. It's rather funny though seeing people aiming for the front of the turret and bouncing, just wish it has an extra 20mm or so on the turret so it could bounce those tiger shells.

Oh yeah and the m5 went I'm keeping the ELC because it's quite a lot of fun, now saving up to switch into the tiger because I want the E75. Maus isn't so attractive any more now there's the t10 tank destroyers.

Edited by dsmx at 23:36:07 09-10-2012

• Dr_Mech 10 Oct 2012 00:34:32 1,020 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Don't be put off by the tier 10 TDs, with the armour buff the Maus can, bounce them at range, heck I've seen a Maus bounce my E3 shots quite a number of times from the front and from the side if the shot hits the turret. The only problem is when they close the distance and can get an easy shot at your one frontal weakspot or the turret cheeks.

Even then the turret cheeks aren't a 100% chance to pen, if the aim is even slightly off they hit the superstructure (no damage) or the gun mantlet (no damage).
  • Page

of 18 First / Last