Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D and Nintendogs + Cats saw healthy sales bumps in Japan last week thanks to the 3DS price cut.
As detailed over on Andriasang, Ocarina of Time 3D climbed to sixth on this week's Japanese software chart selling 31,772 copies – up a whopping 548 per cent on the week before.
Nintendogs + Cats re-entered the top 20 at 12, with One Piece Unlimited Cruise SP back in at 14 and Star Fox 3D leaping from 38th to 18th.
The best-selling game this week was, deep breath, Monster Hunter Diary Poka Poka Felyne Villa for the PSP, with Super Pokémon Rumble debuting at two on the 3DS.
Here's the full chart:
- Monster Hunter Diary Poka Poka Felyne Village G (Capcom, PSP): 98,269 NEW!
- Super Pokémon Rumble (Nintendo, 3DS): 86,294 NEW!
- Rhythm Heaven Wii (Nintendo, Wii): 63,590 (Life to date: 326,300)
- Kirby Mass Attack (Nintendo, DS): 52,173 (127,088)
- Uta no Prince Sama Repeat (Broccoli, PSP): 32,180 NEW!
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo, 3DS): 31,772 (314,075)
- Let's Make a J.League Pro Soccer Club! 7 Euro Plus (Sega, PSP): 30,291 (131,313)
- Toriko Gourmet Survival! (Namco Bandai, PSP): 28,147 (91,030)
- Wii Sports Resort (Wii Remote Plus Pack) (Nintendo, Wii): 20,524 (481,357)
- Disney's Epic Mickey (Nintendo, Wii): 15,536 (42,793)
- All Kamen Rider Rider Generation (Namco Bandai, DS): 15,304 (67,878)
- nintendogs + cats (Nintendo, 3DS): 15,221 (271,872)
- Taiko Drum Master Portable DX (Deluxe) (Namco Bandai, PSP): 14,224 (166,921)
- One Piece Unlimited Cruise SP (Namco Bandai, 3DS): 12,355 (146,222)
- Wii Play Motion (Nintendo, Wii): 12,128 (70,578)
- Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2011 (Konami, PSP): 10,871 (141,894)
- Inazuma Eleven Strikers (Level 5, Wii): 10,581 (152,674)
- Star Fox 64 3D (Nintendo, 3DS): 10,579 (60,124)
- Pokémon Black & White (Nintendo, DS): 10,164 (5,277,502)
- Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2011 (Konami, PS3): 8601 (194,269)
As revealed yesterday, the 3DS was the best-selling hardware, though chart company Media Create had its tally at 196,077 - a little less than the 214,821 rival sales tracker Enterbrain quoted.
The PSP came second, climbing from 35,619 last week to 40,839. Both the PlayStation 3 and Wii also saw some growth in third and fourth respectively.
- 3DS: 196,077 (Last week: 4132)
- PSP: 40,389 (35,619)
- PlayStation 3: 20,239 (18,338)
- Wii: 19,607 (17,004)
- DSi XL: 4213 (4176)
- DSi: 3531 (3900)
- Xbox 360: 1576 (1406)
- PlayStation 2: 1513 (1529)
- DS Lite: 90 (102)
- PSP go: 20 (7)
Also worthy of note: the 3DS has now surpassed Xbox 360's lifetime Japan sales.