Mortal Kombat has unseated Pokémon Black/White at the top of the monthly US sales chart.
According to data released by The NPD Group, Warner's back-to-basics brawler shifted just shy of 900,000 units during April.
Portal 2 was the second biggest seller of the month, followed by LEGO Star Wars III, Call of Duty: Black Ops and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12.
The full top 10 looked like this:
- Mortal Kombat 2011 (PS3, 360) Warner Bros. Interactive
- Portal 2 (360, PS3, PC) Electronic Arts
- Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (Wii, NDS, 360, 3DS, PS3, PC) LucasArts
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, NDS, Wii, PC) Activision Blizzard
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters (360, PS3, Wii) Electronic Arts
- Crysis 2 (360, PS3, PC) Electronic Arts
- Just Dance 2 (Wii) Ubisoft
- Michael Jackson The Experience (360, Wii, PS3, NDS, PSP) Ubisoft
- Pokemon White Version (NDS) Nintendo
- NBA 2K11 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PS2, PC) Take 2 Interactive
Software sales were up on April 2010, with five games all selling over 250,000 units compared to just two last year.
On the hardware side, the Xbox 360 came out on top selling 297,000 units – up 60 per cent year on year. The DS came in second.
According to Sony, PlayStation 3 sales climbed nearly 13 per cent on April 2010, though it hasn't released an exact figure yet.
Hardware sales rose three per cent across the board over this time last year, added NPD analyst Anita Frazier.
Here's last month's data, should you want to refresh your memory.