A new patch for PC MMO Final Fantasy XIV is ready to go live, publisher Square Enix has announced.
According to the game's official site, the update will be available for download tomorrow, bringing with it new monsters, an improved user interface and a number of other tweaks. Here's the full list of what to expect:
- New enemies, including notorious monsters
- New guildleves
- Many new recipes
- Further improvements to the naming and organization of market wards
- An additional free retainer slot
- Improved response times on the retainer exchange interface
- Further improvements to the user interface
- Increased text limit for chat log input
"While more than two months have passed since the official launch of Final Fantasy XIV service, we deeply regret that the game has yet to achieve the level of enjoyability that Final Fantasy fans have come to expect from the franchise, and for this we offer our sincerest of apologies," Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada explained last week.
"After thorough deliberation on how to meet those expectations, it was decided that the most viable step was to approach improvements under new leadership and with a restructured team."