Top Gear returns Page 148

• Page

of 150 First / Last

• Maturin 3 May 2014 19:34:46 2,936 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    RichieTenenbaum wrote:
    I actually think that it's been way overblown and yet the BBC should still sack him. In fact I think the BBC should have sacked him days ago, and they've made a major error by not doing that.
    But surely if they should have sacked him it should have been two years ago when this happened. When he wrote the memo on the subject of which take to use. Otherwise it's just pandering to a clearly orchestrated attack by the Mirror.
  • oceanmotion 3 May 2014 19:37:33 15,770 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Clarkson wrote in the Sun, where he has a weekly column: "I've been told by the BBC that if I make one more offensive remark, anywhere, at any time, I will be sacked

Good luck with that.
  • Maturin 3 May 2014 20:02:07 2,936 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    Clarkson wrote in the Sun, where he has a weekly column: "I've been told by the BBC that if I make one more offensive remark, anywhere, at any time, I will be sacked

Good luck with that.
    He may have already done it over a year ago and the Mirror's mole on TG will be searching out-takes for it.
  • RichieTenenbaum 3 May 2014 21:02:20 2,187 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Maturin wrote:
    RichieTenenbaum wrote:
    I actually think that it's been way overblown and yet the BBC should still sack him. In fact I think the BBC should have sacked him days ago, and they've made a major error by not doing that.
    But surely if they should have sacked him it should have been two years ago when this happened. When he wrote the memo on the subject of which take to use. Otherwise it's just pandering to a clearly orchestrated attack by the Mirror.
    Well, yes, but the BBC as an organisation have plausible deniability that they never saw this outtake. They don't have that now.
  • Adv 3 May 2014 22:02:25 1,697 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    They shouldn't sack him just because a bunch of losers at a newspaper can't write a real story.
  • El_MUERkO 3 May 2014 23:52:14 16,970 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    He didn't say 'nigger', he didn't say 'nigga', he didn't say 'nigg', he didn't say 'ni', at best, at absolute best he said 'ne', a sound more akin to 'knee' than 'nigger'.

But, so concerned that it might be construed by some as 'nigger' he asked production to use a different clip.

And now he's a terrible 'racist', yeeeeeah, no.
  • twelveways 4 May 2014 05:48:00 3,952 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No, he didn't say it but he strongly suggested that he wanted to say it and he struggled to think of an alternative. It wasn't a live piece he was doing and it wasn't spur of the moment, he had obviously planned to use the 'eenie meenie miney mo' rhyme before filming the piece, he thought it would be funny to do it this way.

Maybe not definitely a racist but still a prick. People defend him by calling it 'schoolboy humour' but any schoolboy would get into trouble for saying half the shit he does.

Times have changed, whether he and his fans like it or not, if he really can't be entertaining without resorting to being offensive and inappropriate then he really should just give up.
  • PES_Fanboy 4 May 2014 07:18:47 14,569 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It sounded like he did to me, but the problem here is more his hilarious persona he created has come back to bite him in the arse, and with the whole 'slope' thing (which they absolutely knew what they were doing) not long ago, along with the faux apology, he just needs to get a grip.

Clarkson is absolutely capable of being a really good journalist (not limited to motoring), he's made some great programmes. I just don't know why they have to make Top Gear so fucking base and tediously try hard.
  • twelveways 4 May 2014 09:28:25 3,952 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The slope thing was just fucking stupid, reintroducing a racial term that very few people under the age of 50 have ever even heard before.

I bet any amount of money there is a clip on the cutting room floor of him making a joke about needing a 'spade' whilst they were filming the Africa special.

Hammond: Oh no! My car is stuck, I need a spade!
    Clarkson: There's a load of spades over there! [points towards black people]
    May: Steady now, you can't say that...
    Clarkson: No look, behind those people.
    [camera focuses in on a box of shovels]
    Hammond: They're shovels, not spades...
    Clarkson: Oh well, they all look the same.

[Everyone mugs to camera with self satisfied smug grins]

Edited by twelveways at 10:11:30 04-05-2014
  • Armoured_Bear 4 May 2014 09:52:16 10,506 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I fail to comprehend how anyone can bear to watch any of the 3 of the odious, smarmy, arrogant wankers.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• kingnothing12 4 May 2014 10:22:25 551 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Because people like watching programmes about cars? ...and it's the only decent one around. I'd hardly call May a smarmy bastard.
  • Rhaegyr 4 May 2014 10:55:24 1,530 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The format is great - Clarkson's been awful for years and Hammond is catching up in the cringe stakes. May is the only tolerable one.

Top Gear itself has been shit for years imo - there used to be an air of unpredictability about it yet now it feels more staged than WWE.
  • kalel 4 May 2014 11:15:13 86,798 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There was the lazy Mexican thing as well as the slope thing. Few people survive three racism scandals. He's a lucky boy, and frankly probably a racist one. At some point you have to say a pattern is emerging.
  • megastar 4 May 2014 11:18:56 17,176 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    twelveways wrote:

Times have changed, whether he and his fans like it or no .
    By this do you mean everybody is as soft as fucking shite these days!?
  • thelzdking 4 May 2014 11:24:50 4,357 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There's always a place for him at UKIP.
  • Gruff 4 May 2014 11:29:41 2,850 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    People are still watching this, and caring, go figure.

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• waggy79 4 May 2014 11:30:51 931 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Everyone's a little bit racist. Avenue Q taught me that.
  • Fake_Blood 4 May 2014 11:51:48 4,145 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    megastar wrote:
    twelveways wrote:

Times have changed, whether he and his fans like it or no .
    By this do you mean everybody is as soft as fucking shite these days!?
    This. Being offended isn't the end of the world.
    I'm offended by lot's of stuff, but I'm a white male and as such have no right to complain about anything.
  • kalel 4 May 2014 11:54:58 86,798 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You're a fucking moron apparently.

And remember, you have no right to complain!
  • kalel 4 May 2014 11:55:51 86,798 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh...happy birthday...
  • nickthegun 4 May 2014 11:58:51 59,341 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    There was the lazy Mexican thing as well as the slope thing. Few people survive three racism scandals. He's a lucky boy, and frankly probably a racist one. At some point you have to say a pattern is emerging.
    Its like a naughty schoolboy standing up and shouting "ARSE" every now and again. They are just acting up in the lamest way possible.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Fake_Blood 4 May 2014 12:00:12 4,145 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tnx mate, I just think that everyone is turning into Helen Lovejoy from the simpsons.
  • megastar 4 May 2014 12:00:26 17,176 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The day you can get in trouble for nearly saying something, stop saying that something and correcting that something ergo not actually saying that something, is the day we all need to admit the whole things fucked, hit the reset button and start again!
  • kalel 4 May 2014 12:06:24 86,798 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I don't think he's a full on race-hating, put them in camps, head measurements, Klan member or anything.

However, I do suspect he's probably one of those types that behind closed doors with the right company, probably does have a few borderline views. The fact that he keeps having these incidents suggests it. People who really feel strongly that racism is a bad thing understand the importance of not making comments like these, even in jest.
  • kentmonkey 4 May 2014 12:08:07 20,536 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hamster made the Mexican comment.
  • kalel 4 May 2014 12:11:48 86,798 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Hamster made the Mexican comment.
    And then Clarkson said they'd receive no complaints because the Mexican ambassador would be asleep.

He also made some choice comment in the past about black lesbian Muslims on Come Dancing.

There is a clear pattern.
  • kalel 4 May 2014 12:14:51 86,798 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    And this as well:

April 2007 – The Perodua Kelisa

Clarkson invoked the wrath of yet another country by describing a Malaysian car, the Perodua Kelisa, as the worst in the world. Besides attacking one with a sledgehammer before blowing it up, Clarkson likened its name to that of a disease and implied that it was built by ‘jungle people who wear leaves as shoes.’
  • Fake_Blood 4 May 2014 12:31:20 4,145 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    But have you seen the Perodua Kelisa?
  • elstoof 4 May 2014 12:57:48 6,944 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He's also said plenty of derogatory things about Americans, Australians etc. so it's not like he's singling out out a particular nation or race for his brand of "humour", just acts the twat about everyone.
  • skiplevels 4 May 2014 15:43:26 347 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    basically an awful cunt who needs culled
  • Page

of 150 First / Last