Halo 4 Page 148

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• CharlieStCloud 14 Dec 2012 17:39:57 5,530 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I did something I would not normally do and tried for the 'keep all the marines alive' achievement on the jungle mission.

So, I kind of did it and then one of the marines decided to go out into the open and die just as I pulled Cortana out of the door-lock thingummy ...

... cue 'checkpoint' flashing up immediately afterwards.

*sighs*

I very much doubt I can be arsed to do that ordeal again.
  • altitude2k 14 Dec 2012 20:43:46 4,890 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Is Bros to the Close easier in co-op or is it manageable in solo?
  • Deleted user 14 December 2012 20:47:23
    Co op. Def co op. You need to make yourself the target so the more people the better.
  • sanctusmortis 14 Dec 2012 20:52:07 9,807 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @altitude2k this guy had literally thousands of games played, and a K/D of 17500 to 6000. Terrifying. Hardly played Ops to boost either. Only Campaign he'd done was Solo Legendary, checked his profile. Some gamers are just so far beyond me...
  • oceanmotion 14 Dec 2012 21:58:28 16,129 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    altitude2k wrote:
    Is Bros to the Close easier in co-op or is it manageable in solo?
    I thought no chance solo but gave it a go anyway. Really isn't that hard, just be extremly offensive. Two marines at the start and four more when you reach the water, don't cross those sandbags straight away, makes the marines push forward otherwise. Lasers pronto. Checkpoints are fair so easy to repeat quickly. Once to the door, just load up, take the turret closest to the door and the marines manage fine. Be on the look out towards the left once, rest is easy.
  • sanctusmortis 15 Dec 2012 01:11:39 9,807 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago

That shouldn't work. Should it? Clearly does though.
  • altitude2k 15 Dec 2012 10:35:48 4,890 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Tried, and I can't even get the grenades to bounce perpetually.

Plus it seems that the entire Halo 4 community is doing this so no one actually gets killed by them.

Edited by altitude2k at 10:47:01 15-12-2012
  • sanctusmortis 16 Dec 2012 14:56:23 9,807 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's sad that this is how the achievements work though. I mean, "get the right medals and you get the achievement" isn't quite right...
  • oceanmotion 16 Dec 2012 16:04:01 16,129 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well, they couldn't be any worse than Reach DLC achievements, wait a minute, they are.

Got slaughtered this afternoon, headless chicken teams against organised ones, no chance. Bit laggy too.
  • spamdangled 17 Dec 2012 11:53:51 27,485 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I didn't realise it had been so long since playing Halo MP, I'm really rusty...

Loving the sticky detonator, that thing leads to some hilarious kills. Mantis is pretty cool too, though it seems very overpowered, taking far too much damage in MP before it goes down and having way too much firepower.

Is there no way to play previous Spartan Ops chapters online against people not on your friends list? Can you really only matchmake for the latest chapter?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• oceanmotion 17 Dec 2012 12:04:47 16,129 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No but they are running the series from the start again, one each week. They are doing a best of selection last time I looked but the rerun is imminent.
  • altitude2k 17 Dec 2012 13:54:34 4,890 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I always thought it was a bit odd that not all of them were available for matchmaking after the episode was up, but I guess with 25 available chapters (doubling at least in the future), it's a lot to keep maintained or to expect to be reasonably populated.

Rerunning the series and playing best ofs is probably the best way to keep people playing.
  • spamdangled 17 Dec 2012 14:22:33 27,485 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They could do it similar to voting in slayer I guess, with a choice of three chapters per round.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• altitude2k 17 Dec 2012 16:28:13 4,890 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    They could do it similar to voting in slayer I guess, with a choice of three chapters per round.
    With the same 2 chapters voted every single time?!
  • DFawkes 17 Dec 2012 18:11:49 24,097 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If they did that, you'd be playing a lot of Shootout in Valhalla. That, or people would just quit out if it wasn't one of the 3 options. Maybe not though, who knows.

I only just found out you can assassinate Watchers. Very satisfying, jumping and grabbing on to a flying Bike and kneeing it to bits :D

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• oceanmotion 17 Dec 2012 18:48:01 16,129 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    New to me, gives me an excuse to play campaign. Any easy set ups?

Old in Halo 3 but I never knew you could destroy a scarab from the ground. Shoot it enough after the legs drop and the power core is visible to hit when bits fall off.
  • altitude2k 17 Dec 2012 19:16:59 4,890 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    New to me, gives me an excuse to play campaign. Any easy set ups?

Old in Halo 3 but I never knew you could destroy a scarab from the ground. Shoot it enough after the legs drop and the power core is visible to hit when bits fall off.
    Took one of the last ones out with a Hornet. Didn't even need to hit the legs, just blew up that back plate to reveal the core.

Poor design by the Covvies IMO ;-)
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 17 Dec 2012 20:07:46 39,803 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just incase anyone wants to watch the Eurogamer Halo Monday. It's live now:

http://www.twitch.tv/mrtomftw

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• GuiltySpark 17 Dec 2012 20:30:25 6,470 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    One of you cunts just burped.

Get bent.

• Nades 17 Dec 2012 21:02:24 1,683 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I really hate that greeny map in the new map pack! The other two are great though, surprised I like any of them, but that greenish map, I hate it!!

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: EU-Nades

• MatMan562 17 Dec 2012 22:52:39 2,615 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I just completed this on Legendary, solo! I'm very proud of myself to be honest. After the first 3 missions I, surprisingly, didn't find anything too bad, i'm guessing because I just got used to it. Obviously I still died a lot but I never got really frustrated with anything except the last bit.

Yay me!

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Mekanik 17 Dec 2012 23:02:14 3,736 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MatMan562 wrote:
    I just completed this on Legendary, solo! I'm very proud of myself to be honest. After the first 3 missions I, surprisingly, didn't find anything too bad, i'm guessing because I just got used to it. Obviously I still died a lot but I never got really frustrated with anything except the last bit.

Yay me!
    Just rattled through this on normal for the first time today (normally start on heroic but cba this time). Next up for me is legendary. Quite looking forward to giving it a play through.

Always enjoy the Halo games better on legendary. Decent sense of satisfaction once finished. Not that anyone else gives a damn :)
  • jambii267 17 Dec 2012 23:21:06 1,368 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The second legendary run on a Halo game is always the time I enjoy it the most. You know what to expect but this time it is a challenge.

Same can be said for most games, actually.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• altitude2k 18 Dec 2012 09:15:02 4,890 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've completed every single Halo game on legendary solo, including Halo Wars.

Except for Halo 2. From the point where you have to clear that hangar on the Cairo, I found it far far too difficult.
  • spamdangled 18 Dec 2012 09:30:42 27,485 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I keep meaning to go back to Halo 2, I've never got round to finishing it. Have it on PC, keep meaning to get round to firing it up.

Same with Wars, which just never clicked for me as even with the admittedly excellent pad controls I still couldn't get used to playing an rts without mouse and keyboard. I really hope MS realise they need to start investing in pc gaming again and make a pc-only sequel.

Anyway, I'm on the last level of 4 now. Thoroughly enjoyed every second so far, though It's seemed a bit short. I don't actually think that's anything to do with the length of the actual game but rather that the story just doesn't seem to go anywhere. Reach had a clear arc running through it, as did ODST and the previous games. In compairson, 4 just feels a bit... Empty. There's loads of lore there, and obviously what's going on with cortana (which really only seems to have "happened", despite being spoken about for the whole game, in the last couple missions), but the whole thing moves so fast that plot points aren't developed or events feel truncated when they could have been expanded on. It doesn't feel Epic.

Excellent game though, and perhaps I'm just comparing it unfavourably to Reach which is, in my mind, the best in the series on almost every level.

• altitude2k 18 Dec 2012 10:00:00 4,890 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Same with Wars, which just never clicked for me as even with the admittedly excellent pad controls I still couldn't get used to playing an rts without mouse and keyboard. I really hope MS realise they need to start investing in pc gaming again and make a pc-only sequel.
    PC-only?! How dare ye!
  • spamdangled 18 Dec 2012 14:59:55 27,485 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! 343 How could you?!

/stealth "just finished Halo 4" post

• kinky_mong 18 Dec 2012 15:33:03 10,870 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finished my Legendary Solo playthrough last night. The 7th mission was even better than I remember from my Heroic playthrough, and the first half of the 8th mission really makes me wish for a spin-off game entirely of spaceship battles seeing as it's unlikely Nintendo will do a proper Starfox sequel.

All together the Legendary playthrough wasn't that difficult, generally there's always enough firepower around to deal with what ever the game throws at you.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• sanctusmortis 18 Dec 2012 19:33:12 9,807 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just lost the map pack again. FFS. I have the damn war games pass!
  • Dave_McCoy 18 Dec 2012 22:47:42 2,813 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    Just lost the map pack again. FFS. I have the damn war games pass!
    Is it Monday? I lose my content every Monday too..haven't checked this week.
  • Page

of 173 First / Last